Which Viking Lander?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Sciz CT
Council Janitor

Post by Sciz CT »

I suppose this just goes to prove that there is no such thing as a detail about the series too insignificant for us to discuss.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

LOL, yeah, that's kinda what I thought about the "Tantalus Rays: City-Destoryers, or World-Destoryers" discussion, and this one is (dare I say it?) even more insignificant.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

CK Guy wrote:LOL, yeah, that's kinda what I thought about the "Tantalus Rays: City-Destoryers, or World-Destoryers" discussion, and this one is (dare I say it?) even more insignificant.
BAN

:lol
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

CK Guy wrote:
CK Guy wrote:LOL, yeah, that's kinda what I thought about the "Tantalus Rays: City-Destoryers, or World-Destoryers" discussion, and this one is (dare I say it?) even more insignificant.
BAN

:lol
It wasn't me i swear! Must be that new belt i was wearing today...
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

:dead Anyways, I personally like these discussions. :) Perhaps our minds are starting to crack for lack of TUIT, we're compelled to analyze every detail of the games we have. (We need topic 'Are vegetables really malicious, or just too obedient to their king?'.) :mort
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Sciz CT wrote:I suppose this just goes to prove that there is no such thing as a detail about the series too insignificant for us to discuss.
A detail so smal that Keens creators probably had no idea. But it's true, the discussion is amusing.

Oh and CK Guy, stop post whoring!
Aaaah, not the bees!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Why did CK guy quote himself like 3 times? He thought we wouldn't notice that all 3 CK guys are, in fact, one and the same person. :rolleyes
But we DID notice! :dead2
Retodon8
Vortininja

Post by Retodon8 »

Just two of them are the same guy, aren't they?
Now I'm confused.
Retodon8
Sheep happens
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

So, about these vegetables...

IMKO, they're just too obedient. Few of the ones I've encountered have given me any evidence they're inherently evil.

But then again, I don't recall having seen any in my dreams...
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

The Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes-spoof ones seem pretty evil to me, if not just crazy :stoned
And that French Fry has ninja'd me so many times I wanted to kick my monitor.

I think the question we really want answered is why didn't Billy land the megarocket right beside Mortimer's evil control tower, instead of taking the time to ravage the entire rest of the planet before going there? :rollin
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:I think the question we really want answered is why didn't Billy land the megarocket right beside Mortimer's evil control tower, instead of taking the time to ravage the entire rest of the planet before going there? :rollin
That has got to be the BEST plothole anyone has found in a Commander Keen game so far.

*AHEM*

He probably couldn't land near the Grand Intellect's tower because the magling machine had a giant "lazer" on it... or something.
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

anti-air weaponery ?
(i used to be ME!)
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

My guess is, the landing spot was completely random, as he didn't collect any intelligence or whatever (Keen's not exactly the most military of people).
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

I may be remembering wrong, but I don't recall Keen knowing much about the Grand Intellect before landing on Vorticon VI. I don't think he would've known the location of the Mangling Machine...
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »