Commander Keen Meets the Meats

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Will haggis be looking like this?
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

I thought of something more conventional, like this with eyes.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

I'll gladly join the team. "Mars Kingdoms" taught me quickly that I will curl up and die if attempting to work by myself. The more the merrier!

I'm pretty good at leveling, graphics, and music.

:crazy
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Ah, excellent *does the Mr. Burns thing".

I have a question though, do mods have private (sub)forums here or where else does the discussion between staff members usually occur?
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

If you want slow answers, a thread, if you want fast ones, get on IRC.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Great cows! I was writing up a Meats the Meets thread when I found this thread! Jolly! Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I've got something to show you all!
As you know, I've been poking around in Keen Dreams recently, drawing up some Keen-sized King Tuber sprites. I've also been working on some Mini Robo Red stuff. If I were to work seriously on a Robo Red mod, Keen Dreams might be the best choice, if some cool patching can be managed to make the Flower Power act like Robo Red bullets. A Keen5-looking Dreams mod might be cool. It would be easier, too, because I wouldn't have to draw ledge-grabbing frames for Mini Robo Red. So, like I said, I was looking into Keen Dreams and I chanced upon a more primitive version that mentions something about a sequel. This is all news to me, this whole Meets the Meats thing. (By the way, Xmas 2010 is brilliant! I really, really like that mod, along with Keen Dreams Plus.)
There's a lot of good ideas in this thread!
Levellass wrote:So, will this be a mod, or just talk?
Oh, almost forgot! My new T-Bone Steak! Take a look! http://youtu.be/oajYC8POUs8
EDIT: Does anyone have any artwork for KMtM? Grimson and Eros?
Liver.... Liver Lillies... O'Liver Crisp... Carnage Asada...
Last edited by troublesomekeen on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:17, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
fantomx11
Vortininja

Post by fantomx11 »

that steak looks good enough to eat
My keyboard has no caps lock. It has a BRIAN BLESSED button!
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

EDIT: Does anyone have any artwork for KMtM? Grimson and Eros?
I had an unfinished King T. (final boss) somewhere. He was going to look like a giant, floating T-bone steak with a single eye and multiple mouths (as opposed to Tuber's multiple eyes and a single mouth).

I got to say, that running steak looks hilarious :D
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

As I know, GARGapplesauce has already picked Keen Meets the Meats up. Don't you remember? Just sayin'.

EDIT: What I mean is it'll be a Keen Dreams mod by him, just to not to confuse you.
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

troublesomekeen wrote:Does anyone have any artwork for KMtM? Grimson and Eros?
Eros wrote:asparagusto: ke-robert (bob=robert)
apel: squi-udon a squid with a noodly helmet
squasher: liver and let die
brocolash: hame-bon, a mutton-club with a club!
frenchy: roaster pig
carrot courier: battering ham (sheep-shaped wall-slab of meat)
sour grape: grounding beef
pea pod: organ grinder
pea brain: pulsing flesh
tomatooth: walron
melon lips: turducken bombardier
tater: blood-sausage hound
waving tree: appetizing platter

BBombs: chicken nuggets
this is what i had from GARGapplesauce's UKG thread.

i don't have any usable artwork, but i could draw up some stuff in paint if you're interested.
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Grimson wrote:I had an unfinished King T. somewhere. He was going to look like a giant, floating T-bone steak with a single eye and multiple mouths. I got to say, that running steak looks hilarious :D
Oh man. I had no idea you've done work on a T-bone steak. I guess we kinda doubled up there. My steak doesn't have any crazy teeth or eyes like the veggies in KD does. Perhaps I should add some to keep keen.
szemi wrote:As I know, GARGapplesauce has already picked Keen Meets the Meats up. Don't you remember?
Oh. Right, now I remember. I wonder how that's going. I have never come across any Meat-related news since I joined.
Eros wrote:i don't have any usable artwork, but i could draw up some stuff in paint if you're interested.
I am most interested indeed! But I'm not sure, since this sounds like it's GARGapplesauce's project.
fantomx11
Vortininja

Post by fantomx11 »

troublesomekeen wrote:But I'm not sure, since this sounds like it's GARGapplesauce's project.
My opinion is there can never be two many meats. I say go ahead. It shouldn't detract from GARGapplesauce's project.
My keyboard has no caps lock. It has a BRIAN BLESSED button!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

fantomx11 wrote:My opinion is there can never be two many meats. I say go ahead. It shouldn't detract from GARGapplesauce's project.
It would be cool to have two unique perspectives, but it's two separate mods of the same thing. I'm sure I wouldn't have as much vim and vigor for a project that I know is going to be duplicated in some way. And KMtM is practically canon. It would be awesome to see this mod get done--but done as a definitive version. No way would I decide to work on my own version of uTUIT after it's already been done so well. We have to instead combine and pool our resources. Why should we work on the same project separately when we have the opportunity to collaborate? All for one! And one for all!
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

szemi wrote:As I know, GARGapplesauce has already picked Keen Meets the Meats up. Don't you remember? Just sayin'.
troublesomekeen wrote:Oh. Right, now I remember. I wonder how that's going. I have never come across any Meat-related news since I joined.
To clear that up, anyone who wants to pick this up, please do, I never really had much to do with it, was just one of many many plans that never happened heh.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Garg, you're alive!
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!