It Has Been Done

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.

What do you think of this?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:33

Wow.
19%
Epic!
44%
OMGZORZBBQ
36%

Total votes: 36

Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Luckily Levellass should have a 100Mbps connection before too long. Hopefully the NZ government won't screw it up like the AU one seems to have.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Malvineous wrote:Luckily Levellass should have a 100Mbps connection before too long. Hopefully the NZ government won't screw it up like the AU one seems to have.
Haha, it is a bit disappointing. My most major concern is bloody Conroy's censorship program - we'll need the NBN to cope with the speed losses, and let's not talk of the major issues in what will be censored. It IS down in some small regions of Tasmania, I can't remember who on this forum is from Tassie but I know a member newer than I am is. So, if they read this, are you anywhere near the new installation?

At least Aussie net is not TOO bad compared to other developed nations given our population density.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I shouldn't think the government will fix things, our biggest telco is just about to collapse itself. The second biggest is Australian.

LLa: FLV is used for all low quality video, and it uses the 3GP codec. Make sure not to confuse container formats and codecs here, plenty of people do.
So the only difference between those options is the extension used? I can't play .3GP video.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

Grimson is now my hero.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Levellass wrote:I shouldn't think the government will fix things, our biggest telco is just about to collapse itself. The second biggest is Australian.

LLa: FLV is used for all low quality video, and it uses the 3GP codec. Make sure not to confuse container formats and codecs here, plenty of people do.
So the only difference between those options is the extension used? I can't play .3GP video.
Conversion Utility between 3GP and everything else.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Btw, there is one flow in your gameplay - you didn't collect all the candies and drops! :crazy :p
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

wiivn wrote:Btw, there is one flow in your gameplay - you didn't collect all the candies and drops! :crazy :p
I know, right? I missed one ice cream at the end :crazy
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Levellass wrote:I shouldn't think the government will fix things, our biggest telco is just about to collapse itself. The second biggest is Australian.

Well, no. The container format dictates *how* the audio, video and possibly extra data are stored inside the file, no matter *what codec* said audio and video use. So While you might be able to play h.264, if your player can't access the video inside the file because it doesn't know how to handle the container format, you're out of luck. An FLV file that has been renamed to .avi would still be an FLV file, internally, so just changing the extension doesn't help either.

You can rely on players like SMPlayer or VLC playing back by far most formats inside many different containers, though.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

Grimson wrote:
wiivn wrote:Btw, there is one flow in your gameplay - you didn't collect all the candies and drops! :crazy :p
I know, right? I missed one ice cream at the end :crazy
YOU MUST GO BACK AND DO THE WHOLE THING AGAIN IF YOU WANT IT TO BE PERFECT! :stunned :mortlol :garg
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I'm considering doing this, but I'd save a demo instead.

Btw, there is one flow in your gameplay - you didn't collect all the candies and drops!
BTW, there is one FLAW in your comment. See if you can :spot it.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Levellass wrote:I'm considering doing this, but I'd save a demo instead.
DO EEEET!

Vids or it didn't happen. :p
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

Nice work!

I'm very impressed.
But it's too bad you had too go through all that just to find out that what we all believed to be another Oracle (Because we all believed that, right?) was just the janitor.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Actually, there's only one Oracle (yeah, I used to call them oracles too when I was little), the machine in the end. You mean Council Members, aka Gnosticene Ancients, aka Guardians of Wisdom, aka Great Bearded Ones ;)
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Grimson wrote:You mean Council Members, aka Gnosticene Ancients, aka Guardians of Wisdom, aka Great Bearded Ones ;)
AKA gramps? :P