Keen 6 Value

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
mschafe
Grunt

Keen 6 Value

Post by mschafe »

Sooo.. sitting in my closet is a complete copy of Keen 6. I have the box (slightly crushed, but in decent shape), 2 3.5" floppies and a registration card. I found a copy on ebay for $300!! They aren't actually going for that amount are they??
mschafe
Grunt

Post by mschafe »

Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

:O Wow, that's awesome! I'd hang on to it if I were you, but I'm sure you could never go wrong with extra cash instead (they are indeed going for that much).

And welcome to the forums! :)
mschafe
Grunt

Post by mschafe »

Thanks... I bought it brand new at Software ETC long long ago, just found it again after 15 years!
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Grab disk images of the floppies before you let it go, so we can archive an original copy!
mschafe
Grunt

Post by mschafe »

I will definitely try if I can find a computer with a working floppy drive!
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Raise the price :mortlol
darthslaw
Grunt

Post by darthslaw »

It's not straight up Keen 6, but I got my copy of id Anthology for $46 USD a few months ago. Yay! :D

(If anyone is wondering, yes, it comes with only the CGA version of Keen 6, and yes, the Keen 6 CGA->EGA converter/patch does work on this version :) - I stumbled across this tool while browsing around in files.keenmodding.org)

I was also looking out for Keen 6 itself (like the one you have here, mschafe), but the only one I could find at the time was $99.
Apocalypse Gohan
Vortininja

Post by Apocalypse Gohan »

Upgrade and downgrade patches for id anthology!

viewtopic.php?t=21&start=45

Well I paid 280$ for keen 6 but I think 300.00$ is way too much... :dopekeen

Do you have the manual mschafe?

Also can you make 600 dpi scans of your box?

Your box is in better condition than mine and I'm trying to get a better pic of this.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

This just reminds me of that copy I could've acquired many years ago from a local computer store that ended up getting thrown out instead. :x
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Scan in the manual! I wanna read it.
Please?
Apocalypse Gohan wrote:Also can you make 600 dpi scans of your box?

Your box is in better condition than mine and I'm trying to get a better pic of this.
That's what I'm after too, if you can, could you scan in just that logo at 1200 or higher? (Stupid I know, I just want it REALLY big)

I wanted to resize and crop the last 300 / 600 DPI scans but my old computer didn't have enough memory to process it and ended up crashing when it loaded. (in the sense the computer's hard drive started grinding immediately and wouldn't stop for like half an hour, so I reset it.)

Now that I have many GB of RAM I want to post-edit the scans. :)
(Does anyone still have those other box scans?)
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

The keen6 box I have doesn't have the same artwork. Instead it's got a game screenshot of keen jumping in front of the recreation centre shooting a blooguard. Maybe it's the canadian version or something...
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

The lesson we learn is, save your old games for when the rent is due.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
mschafe
Grunt

Post by mschafe »

I'm not sure if I have the manual or not, will check when I get home from work. Anyways, I'd be happy to scan in the box or whatever else people want. I'm a huge Keen fan, first game I EVER played on my brand new 286 (Keen 1!).. I still play them via DosBox often.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

lemm wrote:The keen6 box I have doesn't have the same artwork. Instead it's got a game screenshot of keen jumping in front of the recreation centre shooting a blooguard. Maybe it's the canadian version or something...
Can you please take a pic of your cover art? I'm intrigued....
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."