Commander Keen 4 Bug?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
GreenKeen
Grunt

Commander Keen 4 Bug?

Post by GreenKeen »

Not sure if this is new or should be called bug. The thing is, that when you go to The Perilous Pit the room where you get the blue gem, you can shoot the bounder right on the pole so if you try to climb down you just have the climbing animation even though your just staying still.
So has this happened to anyone else and is it already mentioned somewhere else?
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Never happened to me, I try not to shoot bounders.
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Yeah, I've got to spot this long ago, by... Shooting the bounder so it lands right near the pole, standing on the bounder, and then pressing 'down' key to go down with the pole, only to not move at all.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Haha, I remember this bug. I used to try it every time I'd play the Perilous Pit, although I could never get the bounder to land in the right spot...
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Is it on the Keenwiki anyone?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Oh, looks like it points in the Wiki to a different bug, still in the same level and also pole-related.
As for the bug mentioned in the very first post, I guess anybody with an account can add it at some point.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

NY00123 wrote:Oh, looks like it points in the Wiki to a different bug, still in the same level and also pole-related.
As for the bug mentioned in the very first post, I guess anybody with an account can add it at some point.
Oh sorry I didn't read the whole post. I saw blue gem and thought about the last room since the same bug is on there.