Who would win in a fight, Death Star or Vorticon Mothership?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.

i'm being a conformist bum

Death Star
21%
Vorticon Mothership
79%

Total votes: 14

KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Who would win in a fight, Death Star or Vorticon Mothership?

Post by KeenEmpire »

you heard the guy
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

The Star'd be Dead. 8)

You should include Omegamatic too. I'd vote that.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

LOL, at first I was like, ARE YOU FUCLING SERIOUS??!?!

... but then I saw who it was by. The guy who brought us The M-Files: The Essence of True Love. :crazy Haha, I actually read that again within the past six months or so. Ah, nostalgia.

Yeah, but the matter on hand. I would vote for Omegamatic if it was there, but I think everyone would too. So not that interesting of a poll. Let's think. To disable the Mothership, you need to shoot eight purple space amoebas. To destroy the 'Star, you need to shoot one thing. The 'Star can be defeated by Luke Skywalker, but it takes Commander Keen to get the Mothership.

So yeah, mothership wins.

However, the Borg would have freakin' pwnd if they had kept Captain Jean-Luc Picard in their ranks. 8)

DISCLAIMER: Likes Star Trek, but is not a trekkie.
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

ISCLAIMER: Likes Star Trek, but is not a trekkie.

LOL!

I like Star Trek on rare occasion, but I'm not a huge fan.
(Used to be LordofGlobox)
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

well, the omegamatic can destroy the galaxy, not much contest there.

and i'm just imitating the other poll =/ but actually, this poll's kinda harder/worse because you can't really come up with arguments (even though any arguments you could come up with would have to be crazy).

imo, the vorticon mothership looks more maneuverable (although we're not too sure about its size). here, the first ship to fire its planet destroying ray probably wins, so that'd be the mothership.

i'd say the borg would pwn both though, even if their weapons aren't planet killers (or city-killers, see other poll). they'd beam over something like 2000+ drones and slowly assimilate the death star/mothership, all the while dodging the planet buster. can you just imagine the "*zap* *zot* Commander, they've adapted!"
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

lol, Borg Vorticons. :)

I would personally vote for the mothership, just because it can carry equal firepower capacity in what seems to be a much smaller space than that of the Death Star. Also, the Mothership's only weaknesses seem to be hidden deep within the core of the vessel and capable only of disabling the weapons systems, whereas the Death Star has this big silly hole that can blow it up entirely.

Of course, how impenetrable the outer hull of the Mothership is. Keen chooses to subvert it from within, but suppose a squadron of fighters were to assault the Mothership? In this case, it's impossible to judge.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

The Vorticon mothership, why? Say they ever board each other's ships and fight it out face to face, at least the Super Vorticons can *aim.*