Impossible Bullet in Keen 4

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Err, you can't ride the cannon bullets, can you?
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Why? That's exactly what the video shows.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

What? Keen 4 had no laser cannons :confused
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Obviously, I'm talkin about Keen6.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

No, you said that's what the video shows. Well it does not. You can only ride Keen's neutral stunner's bullets, not those the cannons in the walls shoot.

Or then I'm totally misinterpretating your pictures.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Grimson wrote:No, you said that's what the video shows. Well it does not. You can only ride Keen's neutral stunner's bullets, not those the cannons in the walls shoot.

Or then I'm totally misinterpretating your pictures.
You cannot ride the darts from the dart gun in Keen 4. You can only ride Keen's neural stunner shots. The IB can be executed in Keens 4-5 only on a dropping goplat that drops all the way to the ground. Even then, the timing when to shoot has to be almost perfect, but it can be done. As Tulip had mentioned earlier, In Witherstone's Keen 5 levelpack Keen Asylum, in level 7 Wild, the level is designed around the IB. It is required in order to access the rest of the level. Normally, most of the Keen community considers the IB cheating, but under this particular circumstance it was designed to be used, thus required to access the entire level.

Patrick
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I'm referring to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-bQFg_HcRw
StevenAnzalone
Grunt

Post by StevenAnzalone »

wiivn wrote:Image
Oh my God I love you. Someone HAS to make this. And apparently Grimson and Syllypryde didn't notice my other post, so here's the video wiivn was talking about.
Hi, I'm a lurker.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

StevenAnzalone wrote: Oh my God I love you. Someone HAS to make this. And apparently Grimson and Syllypryde didn't notice
I did notice the other post. That was not the post I was replying to. I had the "sideways impossible bullet" happen to me once. Only I was not using the IB when it happened. Not thinking, I thought I could reach the pizzas with the Impossible Pogo trick. My timing sucked, so at the top of my jump is when the cannon fired. I got hit, but instead of killing Keen it pushed him to the top right corner of the room like it appears in the video. I sacrificed over sixty lives and caused a dozen game overs attempting to reproduce this. I never could. It actually could be a sideways IB but I think that is a cannon shot sprite glitch that pushes Keen instead of killing him.

Patrick
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees