Secret Stash in Bloog Control Center?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
The Keen Commander
Vortininja

Post by The Keen Commander »

I would swear that I've gotten up there before without cheating or making that drop...somehow I wound up there from the room(s) with the four doors...I haven't been able to duplicate this feat, but like I said, I managed it before somehow.
I'd like to get a Futurama mod going. Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=2152
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

I thought the exact same thing, but to no avail.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

I had a hard time with that level. I actually did make it up there via one of the doors from the multi-door thing. The first few times I tried it I thought I was just going in circles to no avail. :/
But anyways, it is possible.
The Keen Commander
Vortininja

Post by The Keen Commander »

Maybe it only works in a certain version of the game?
I'd like to get a Futurama mod going. Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=2152
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

I seem to remember there being some trick to getting down there involving the Blooglet and the platforms over on the left, but I couldn't get that to work. :/
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Seeing this thread made me go into Keen 6 and try to find a foolproof way to get down to the hidden door without hitting the fireballs. I think I figured out what you have to do. Notice how a switch is directly about the opening in the fireballs. When you jump on the switch, Keen is positioned to directly line up with that column of tiles. All you have to do is fall straight down without moving left or right, and you'll be able to pass through the fireballs. I can't believe that I only just figured this out. :O Edit: Dang it, I had subconciously put God mode on before I tried this. Without God mode, Keen still dies.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

I found the perfect alignment- check out my earlier post and example youtube video (link in the post)
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

GARGapplesauce wrote:I found the perfect alignment- check out my earlier post and example youtube video (link in the post)
Now do it on Normal mode...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

oh... now I get why that platform is there in easy!
Image You crack me up little buddy!
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Find the right place to jump i guess. I'll turn god mode and jump mode on, and try to get the right angle. then I'll try it without.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Woah...I got it first try on hard. Just pogoed up, jumped on the switch, and got lucky.

Anyways, thanks a bundle for the help, especially the vid! Interesting to know that Easy has a platform you can use. I was actually super-confused when I first watched it (I had only tried in Normal) and assumed you'd edited the level to make it easier. Good work!
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

Flaose wrote:I was actually super-confused when I first watched it (I had only tried in Normal) and assumed you'd edited the level to make it easier. Good work!
from what i remember, GARG doesn't even own a version of keen6.
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

I do, its just not EGA. Its also "illegal :punk" (I'm looking for a real one, but I don't really care... :P)