CGA Keen Dreams

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Is winRAR like the send to->zipped folder?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Litude
Vortininja

Post by Litude »

If you have WinRAR installed (get it here), it is merely a matter of highlighting/selecting the files on the floppy disk, right-clicking and choosing "Add to archive..." (with the WinRAR logo on the left), pressing browse on the first screen since you probably don't want to save the archive onto the floppy disk and then going to the time tab and checking store creation time. Once you press OK the archive gets created.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I'm having no luck, even with the time tab. When I extract it still says created right now.
Litude
Vortininja

Post by Litude »

Levellass wrote:I'm having no luck, even with the time tab. When I extract it still says created right now.
Yes but it will still save the time inside the archive itself. The problem is that once it gets extracted the file is recreated hence the date gets updated. But if you upload that RAR file I will attempt to copy over the creation date to the file modify date which is tons easier to preserve.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Right, used 7-zip, though I got some slightly odd results. The archive is here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3940020/Keen%20Dreams.rar
Litude
Vortininja

Post by Litude »

Levellass wrote:Right, used 7-zip, though I got some slightly odd results. The archive is here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3940020/Keen%20Dreams.rar
Thank you! Now the file modify dates are correct and this rarity can be preserved in the way it deserves to be. ;)
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Oh file creation date, most vital of attributes. Without you, the game is nothing.
Lunick
Vortininja

Re: CGA Keen Dreams

Post by Lunick »

Sorry for the 10 year old bump but a made a YouTube video of the CGA version many years ago and someone has commented that the link in this thread no longer works and I do not have a backup of the file. Does anyone have a copy?
Lunick is Here
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Re: CGA Keen Dreams

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Keen Dreams 1.05 CGA is not a shareware release, so posting links to it is technically against the forum rules.

Certain Keen sites have hosted a collection of every known version of the Keen games in the past. At least one of those sites is technically still hosting the downloads themselves, even though the web pages have been removed. Look for keend-1.05-cga.zip and you might find what you're looking for. I just downloaded the file myself, so it's definitely still available.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net