Two versions of Keen GBC?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Two versions of Keen GBC?

Post by Flaose »

Hey guys, so I actually noticed this a while ago when finishing of my FAQ, but I forgot to bring it up until now.

The KeenWiki page for Keen GBC items has point values that are often quite different than the ones I've encountered while playing my cartridge and rom (compare to section [2.9.8] of my FAQ). That could, of course, be attributed to errors in the wiki page, but the strangest thing is that the Lemon Drop item doesn't exist at all in my versions. Is it possible that the PAL-region Commander Keen is somewhat different than the NTSC versions that I have? Has anyone who has the PAL-region cartridge (such as DHeadshot) ever come across this item?
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

The manual for my copy should be available on the Keen Wiki somewhere - Malvineous was going to upload it. It mentions nothing about lemon drops, but groups all confectionary together, so I dunno...

Haven't seen anything that looks like that recently though.
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Hi, I have the PAL version and instruction manuel as well but it doesnt say anything any where about lemon drops.
Another strange fact is they may have originaly intended on putting blue key cards in the game. I found this out when playing through the Teksteppa trained rom with the all keys cheat on. If you pause the game with the cheat on you will see the red green yellow and also the blue key card in the inventory. :disguised
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Keen GBC just got interesting.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."