My Keen 6 on eBay!

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Shador wrote:I was trying to buy it but for some reason you've just cancelled my bid and probably sell this to another guy although I was asking in the beginning of the auction if I could buy it from you instantly. I don't think it's fair.
Sure it's not a technical fault or other error? Don't try to start arguments on here. 8)
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Shador wrote:I was trying to buy it but for some reason you've just cancelled my bid and probably sell this to another guy although I was asking in the beginning of the auction if I could buy it from you instantly. I don't think it's fair.
First of all, I didn't cancel your bid, I cancelled the auction. I did this because the high bidder (who wasn't you) cancelled his bid three days after he had placed it, and only one day before it was going to end. I was standing to lose a lot of money, and realized that I had started the auction way too low.

Secondly, as a seller, I have every right to sell the item to the highest bidder whenever I feel like it. It's business. It's nothing personal. (It's also not the best idea.) It's not about who asks first or nicest, it's about who offers the most money.

I've put the auction back up, this time it won't be ending early :)
Check it out here:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/290611051683
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Onya Flaose. If I could hire people I'd offer you a job as head of sales.

(That is actually meant nicely.)
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Shador
Grunt

Post by Shador »

I'm sorry, Flaose hasn't actually sold the game to some other guy like I thought. But still I don't it is ok cancelling auctions just because you think bids are small from your point of view. And I totally agree one has the right to sell to whoever he wants, but it was not because of wrong price, I was just asking about the possibility to buy it and the price of it and got that answer it would be better to proceed with auction.

Well anyway I don't want to be offensive on anyone, let us finish the new auction. :)
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

I understand how you feel Flaose, but it might still be a violation of ebay policy:
Sellers are not allowed to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be a violation of our reserve price policy. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.
I doubt anyone will report it, but I felt the need to comment anyway. 8)
Shador
Grunt

Post by Shador »

Yeah, I'm not going to report this but this was exactly my point why I was feeling like I was treated unfair. I mean, creating the lot with certain price without reserve you are entering a contract in the same way like making a bid you are entering a contract.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

RoboBlue wrote:I understand how you feel Flaose, but it might still be a violation of ebay policy.
Yes, it does look like I may have conceivably violated the policy. I was looking around for it before I cancelled the bid, but I was browsing on my phone. So it was difficult.

Obviously what I should have done was report the loafer who cancelled his bid and let the auction run its course. I panicked, but to be fair I was in the process of changing the original auction's price when Shador first bid (though that obviously failed when I went to submit it). What can I say, I'm a pretty inexperienced seller.

Also, thanks, kuliwil.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
mrjr84
Grunt

Post by mrjr84 »

Ah, so that's what happened. Looks like I missed out on the fun. I guess that explains why I didn't get notified before the end of the first auction.

Guess I'll patiently wait for the next CK6 to pop up.