omwtf! The pyramids from Keen 4 are made by MAYANS! :D

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

omwtf! The pyramids from Keen 4 are made by MAYANS! :D

Post by Roobar »

Oh it's 2012, so what the garg :)

So have you ever thought where are these pyramids came from in Keen 4? Who made them? Why pyramids? I don't think this was discussed before.

Obviously they are inspired by the Egyptian ones. But what's interesting is that they're not in the desert. Rather, they're in the jungle. Which lead us to the second thought that they might not be exactly Egyptian ones, but rather - Mayans!

http://images.travelpod.com/tripwow/pho ... w-2695.jpg

I can't believe I didn't figure this out earlier :crazy .

Moreover, look at the Pyramid of the Shadows. It has a sun symbol, which can be associated with the great Kukulcán pyramid. What is interesting about this pyramid is that at the spring and fall equinoxes (March 21 and September 22) the sun projects an undulating pattern of light on the northern stairway for a few hours in the late afternoon - a pattern caused by the angle of the sun and the edge of the nine steps that define the pyramid's construction.

These triangles of light link up with the massive stone carvings of snake heads at the base of the stairs, suggesting a massive serpent snaking down the structure.

So it has the sun symbol, it have the steps, it's in the jungle with other pyramids just like in Mexico. We can conclude that these pyramids are at least Mayan inspired! Or maybe some of the Mayans force Tom to draw them to tell us something :crazy. We should ask Tom and Romero about these pyramids next time ;).

Another interesting one is the Pyramid of the Gnosticene Ancients, which has an eye symbol, which is on the dollar and is a symbol of the Illuminati. What were they thinking?

This proves that one of the id team is in fact one of the Illuminati! :crazy
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

two of them are mayan, but the other two pyramids are egyptian. Egyptian pyramids being true pyramids, as in 4-sided polygons (and a 5th base side).
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Those examples are Aztec not Mayan. The Mayans were long dead by the time those were built.
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

DHeadshot wrote:Those examples are Aztec not Mayan. The Mayans were long dead by the time those were built.
Which ones? The examples on Gnosticus IV were built by the GNOSTICENE Ancients. The ones in Chichen Itza are Mayan, because Chichen Itza is a sacred Mayan site.

And finally... the Aztecs appropriated most of their architecture from who they conquered, including the Mayans.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

A very unlikely theory

Post by Benvolio »

Digression: Maybe these pyramids were built in recognition of the four provinces of Ireland. For those of you who don't know, the provinces of Leinster, Munster and Connacht are completely in the Republic (South) while much of the fourth, Ulster, is in the (nowadays only slightly) more dangerous, mysterious, less traveled to North... not at all enthused/convinced? Well have a read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hand_of_Ulster

The above is of course playful nonsense with no political undertones! Athbhliain faoi mhaise agaibh go léir!
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Weren't the Egyptian Pyramids built while the area surrounding the Nile river was teeming with growth and wild life anyway? Or was the Valley of the Kings always a desert?
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:two of them are mayan, but the other two pyramids are egyptian. Egyptian pyramids being true pyramids, as in 4-sided polygons (and a 5th base side).
Is it only me or do those "true pyramids" on gnosticus look 4-sided (as in 3 sides and a base)?
Image You crack me up little buddy!
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

tulip wrote:Is it only me or do those "true pyramids" on gnosticus look 4-sided (as in 3 sides and a base)?
Yeah, I'm with you on that one.

That was an awesome post wiivn. Know of any stupidly tricky pyramids associated with hands?
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

kuliwil wrote:That was an awesome post wiivn. Know of any stupidly tricky pyramids associated with hands?
LOL :lol

no, but hands can also be a symbol of the illuminati!

:crazy

But at the same time it can be a high five pyramid, congratulating you for you efforts in finding the secret level :)
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

HEY GUS NWO IS A CONSPIACY THOREY! lol how can u be so stupid gtfo wit iluminat crap..!

jk herez ACTUAL PROF AND EVDINCE!!,

http://nehalobanaa.files.wordpress.com/ ... _order.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informatio ... ess_Office
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

Level entry names aside, I always thought the Gnosticene Ancient and Forbidden pyramids were tipis. The other two do look a lot like Central American pyramids, with the characteristic stepped exterior.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Just a couple of things:
1. The Masons and the Illuminati are two different organistions, contrary to what VBB implied.
2. The "All-Seeing Eye" on the US Dollar is meant to symbolise knowledge. The Masons didn't start using it until long after the US.
Cereal Board!
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Re: omwtf! The pyramids from Keen 4 are made by MAYANS! :D

Post by RoboBlue »

wiivn wrote:Image
Am I the only one who thought "Star of David + Federal Reserve = rich Jews control the world" and then remembered the special relationship that Keen's grandfather had with good old Adolph? :freud
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

DHeadshot wrote:Just a couple of things:
1. The Masons and the Illuminati are two different organistions, contrary to what VBB implied.
You mean wiivn implied? Also, according to legend, Masons are simply appendages of the Illuminati to control local governments. They have lodges even in the smallest of towns.
2. The "All-Seeing Eye" on the US Dollar is meant to symbolise knowledge. The Masons didn't start using it until long after the US.
So basically, the "All-Seeing Eye" symbolizes an eye that sees all.
Yep. Nothing concerning about that, especially considering the aforementioned IAO and how its entire purpose is to do just that.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Paramultart wrote:
DHeadshot wrote:Just a couple of things:
You mean wiivn implied?
Sorry, misread the topic starter.
Paramultart wrote:Also, according to legend, Masons are simply appendages of the Illuminati to control local governments. They have lodges even in the smallest of towns.
Only according to internet conspiracy. There is no connection in the real world (Although, interestingly, there is a substantial link between the Masons and the Mormons, despite the Mormon hatred of the Masons).
Paramultart wrote:
So basically, the "All-Seeing Eye" symbolizes an eye that sees all.
Yep. Nothing concerning about that, especially considering the aforementioned IAO and how its entire purpose is to do just that.
I never said it wasn't disconcerting, just that it wasn't linked to the Masons or Illuminati.
Cereal Board!