Question about Official Releases

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Well I didn't know there was anything wrong with the link, or that wherever this is hosted has laws against links being put on forums. I was trying to help drfsupercenter. I have not downloaded software from that site myself, but drfsupercenter already has licences for the software, so this is just supplying him with working copies of the games he owns but can't access because of disc corruption. Producing backups is legal.

I am not the first person from the PCKF to have posted or mentioned the link, but if a moderator asks me to remove it, which has not happened yet, I will remove it. Or, because moderators have the power to, I don't mind if they edit my post to remove it.

Don't be so quick to jump on people Scarlet - did you even read drfsupercenter's post?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Keening_Product wrote:Well I didn't know there was anything wrong with the link, or that wherever this is hosted has laws against links being put on forums. I was trying to help drfsupercenter. I have not downloaded software from that site myself, but drfsupercenter already has licences for the software, so this is just supplying him with working copies of the games he owns but can't access because of disc corruption. Producing backups is legal.

I am not the first person from the PCKF to have posted or mentioned the link, but if a moderator asks me to remove it, which has not happened yet, I will remove it. Or, because moderators have the power to, I don't mind if they edit my post to remove it.

Don't be so quick to jump on people Scarlet - did you even read drfsupercenter's post?
I am totally aware that you had good intent, but I do not want this place to get shut down.
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
jayo
Vortininja

Post by jayo »

Okay, enough of all that! This page lists the different Keen 6 versions, maybe they'll enlighten you...
http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Keen_6_Versions
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

I suppose you didn't notice that the last post was over two years ago. The KeenWiki is a valuable resource, though.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's