Selling my Keen Games

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Gr1nreaper
Vortininja

Selling my Keen Games

Post by Gr1nreaper »

Due to the fact that i haven't visited in forever, and played these games for even longer, I have decided to get rid of them, and hopefully recoup some of what these games cost me.

Links below to both of my Keen games on ebay. Am I asking too much? Feedback might convince me to modify the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Commander-Keen- ... _500wt_959

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Commander-Keen- ... _500wt_959
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

i'd say those prices are reasonable. if I were a man of means I'd snap them up. more photos would be nice, for those of us who won't end up owning them!
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

The question is will the people pay. If not, immediately file a claim so that ebay will not charge you for the auction. After four days of the claim you can close the claim and thus get refunded. Then you can give a second chance offer to the second biggest bidder.

I have had such bad experiences when selling on ebay, though thankfully not often. So, keep that in mind.
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

I can't believe how much was paid for the Keen 6. It's rare, certainly, but not that rare.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Flaose wrote:I can't believe how much was paid for the Keen 6. It's rare, certainly, but not that rare.
I agree. But the big question is will the person end up paying what he ending up bidding?
And then with ebay's new buyer protection rules, heck, he can even get a refund. The game has to be sent with delivery confirmation and who knows what else. Sellers need protection too, but they do not really get it as much as they should. For example, if it is sent without delivery confirmation that guy could say that he did not get it and get a full refund from ebay. It happened to me when I was selling some stuff... :(
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Flaose wrote:I can't believe how much was paid for the Keen 6. It's rare, certainly, but not that rare.
It's almost twice the starting price!

Take a look through the bid history; the bidders really were set on getting the game. The bid jumps are huge!
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Mr. 314
Vortininja
Location: If I knew Do you really think I'd actually tell you???

Post by Mr. 314 »

i remember thinking about bidding for these, but then the numbers started to crawl higher and higher and i began to scream like a little girl every time i looked at them
time's wasting and evil doesn't thwart itself
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I would kill for some legit Keen copies again.
Looking back, I had a few Keen floppies as a kid; they were destroyed, along with my nearly-complete Apogee collection.

Though I don't have a lot of funds, the most I would probably be willing to pay is maybe $150 for all six episodes.

To ask for around that much for one game seems a little unreasonable to me, no matter how much I would treasure that classic 90's gold.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Gr1nreaper
Vortininja

Post by Gr1nreaper »

I was also surprised at the final bid for Keen 6 - I expected more than $50 less than what it sold for, but the price for Keen "Goodbye Galaxy" (4 & 5) floored me, to be honest. Apparently a complete boxed copy of a GT Software version is more rare than I thought?
jayo
Vortininja

Post by jayo »

I don't have a floppy drive anymore so those won't help for me! A legit Keen 6 would've been nice, but I have a copy that's been patched to the latest version, as well as scans of the box and manual, so I'm good! :D
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Since when have Keeners had money?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass