Car Battery Discrepancy

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
MortimerInBlack
Vortininja

Car Battery Discrepancy

Post by MortimerInBlack »

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this, but I think it's interesting.

In the story of Keen 1, you see the picture of the BWB facing right, with the car battery in its side. But on Keens 4-6, if you go to the BWB level, you see the ship facing left, yet still see the car battery on your side.

So which side do you think Keen really put that car battery? I personally favor the K4-6 way, because Keen 4 was the first keen game i played, and its a bit more detailed/better artwork.

BTW, it occurs to me that there are other pics of the BWB throughout the games during ending sequences and such. It should be interesting to see which side the majority of those pics have it.

EDIT: why doesn't my avatar show up when i start a topic? :confused
The Viking II lander actually did land on a 'rock' on Mars.
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/nmc/masterCa ... =1975-083C
Zero X. Diamond
Vortininja

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

It could just be that the battery chamber is open on either side for easy access.
"I know what I am doing here with my collection of papers, for crying out loud. It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me, but to a collector it is worth a fortune; it is priceless." - Dutch Schultz
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

or the bwb has 2 of them
(i used to be ME!)
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Of all the insignificant inconsistencies that have ever been mentioned on these forums, this one has got to be the most insignificant of them all :poison
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Check the Keen1 title screen, while you're at it--the battery's location seems to change, depending on the angle the ship is viewed at. Schrodinger's battery. :)
MortimerInBlack
Vortininja

Post by MortimerInBlack »

Schrodinger?

I don't think the BWB is thin enough to let the battery be exposed on both sides. Car batteries are big, but not that big. And there can't be 2, tho i almost suggested that. in Keen1 you only pick up one battery.

Ah, but that makes me realize that maybe Keen remodified his ship later. Hm, interesting that there are inconsitencies in K1 by itself without taking the whole series into account.
The Viking II lander actually did land on a 'rock' on Mars.
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/nmc/masterCa ... =1975-083C
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Maybe the vorticons only took one battery and left the other one in the BWB? It's a possibility
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Could be, but the story gives the picture there's just one battery, taken from mom's car.

But most likely it's that this is an issue the team never even thought anybody would think about, not even themselves. :)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Ha, I never even thought of this.

And KeenRush, since when are you a 'hidden' member? I know it's you because a new post of yours appeared while you weren't listed, but there is one hidden member.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I've been one since the day I joined. :confused What's the problem with that? :p
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

KeenRush wrote:I've been one since the day I joined. :confused What's the problem with that? :p
Uhhhh, I dunno. Nothing I guess. My post wasn't very well thought-out, as you can probably guess. :dopefish
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I can see. :dopekeen And anyone can do the same on their profile page, if they feel like, by the way. 8) Doesn't mean I won't see you, though. :mortlol
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

KeenRush wrote:I can see. :dopekeen And anyone can do the same on their profile page, if they feel like, by the way. 8) Doesn't mean I won't see you, though. :mortlol
Yeah, I know anyone can set their status to hidden.

However, that mods can still see you ... I probably could have guessed that as well.