Keen 6 - Bloogfoods and some unreachable Root Beer Float

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Admiral Vegetable
Meep

Keen 6 - Bloogfoods and some unreachable Root Beer Float

Post by Admiral Vegetable »

Hi there,

currently, I'm playing Keen 6 for just another time. I'm playing on hard and I'm trying to get all items including to know and to visit all secret areas.

But there is one (ok, in fact, there are 2 ;)) problem I cannot solve. See here a map of the Bloogfoods level. Just right after opening the doors with a blue and red gem, there are some Root Beer Floats at the top of the map. I can get the stunner and one of the Root Beer (and the items in the secret area, of course), but the other Root Beer Floats are unreachable for me.

Is there any way to get them without cheating or using the impossible bullet bug?

Oh, and on the left side of the map (close to the red gem), there are some Bloog Soda. On hard there is no ... uhm ... I just forgot the name of that yellow/red elevator ... well, there is not a second one close to the red gem, so I don't reach 2 Bloog Sodas. I've tried to run and jump and to pogo jump, but it didn't help. Any ideas how to reach them on hard mode?

Regards

Admiral Vegetable

PS: Are there any maps like I've posted but with the hidden areas revealed? (I know that cheat to see secret areas - if they are not out of map -, but such a map would be a good overview.)
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Re: Keen 6 - Bloogfoods and some unreachable Root Beer Float

Post by Syllypryde »

Admiral Vegetable wrote:.........But there is one (ok, in fact, there are 2 ;)) problem I cannot solve. See here a map of the Bloogfoods level. Just right after opening the doors with a blue and red gem, there are some Root Beer Floats at the top of the map. I can get the stunner and one of the Root Beer (and the items in the secret area, of course), but the other Root Beer Floats are unreachable for me.

Is there any way to get them without cheating or using the impossible bullet bug?
In the final room just before you obtain the sandwich, there are is switch there that activates a goplat that moves horizontally where the root beers are.
Oh, and on the left side of the map (close to the red gem), there are some Bloog Soda. On hard there is no ... uhm ... I just forgot the name of that yellow/red elevator ... well, there is not a second one close to the red gem, so I don't reach 2 Bloog Sodas. I've tried to run and jump and to pogo jump, but it didn't help. Any ideas how to reach them on hard mode?.........
By using the impossible pogo (with the tap jump), you can get all of these sodas with a "cool jump". However, you have to hit your jump key precisely. Hit it too soft and you will miss the loop. Hit it too hard and Keen will hit his head on the ceiling and fall short of the loop.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Admiral Vegetable
Meep

Post by Admiral Vegetable »

Hi,

sorry that I didn't answer earlier.

"Goplat" ... that was the name/word I was looking for ;). It worked and I got the Root Beer, thx!

But I haven't got all of the Sodas, I missed 2 of them.

btw: What does "with the tap jump" mean?