The CPU opponent in Paddle War is a retard.

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

The CPU opponent in Paddle War is a retard.

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I sat still doing nothing, with my hands away from the keyboard, with the paddleball game running. And I lost. But this loss was 17-21, not exactly a landslide victory for the CPU. :painted

I mean seriously, you must really suck at a game when your opponent scores 17 points against you and he's NOT EVEN PLAYING. :| :lol
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Keen must be quite bad at video games, having the attention span to play this game over and over during his space flights. :p
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

How many furious games of paddlewar later is the Omegamatic? Like 75?
Zero X. Diamond
Vortininja

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

I haven't lost to the computer in Paddle War since I was in grade school. You can literally get two or even three shots in on it for the price of one, and all it takes is a steep angled bounce off the the far side of the screen, preferably far left. When the ball respawns, it literally just sort of flies into the score zone once or twice before the computer paddle knows what's going on.
"I know what I am doing here with my collection of papers, for crying out loud. It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me, but to a collector it is worth a fortune; it is priceless." - Dutch Schultz
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Heh. I'm glad all you guys feel so good about beating paddlewar easily. :D
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

So it isn't only me who thinks hitting the ball to left is easier.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

It's annoying how the ball tends to go through your paddle's border, though. I don't know how many times that happened to me. <_<
Wow look at me I'm lurking