Where does Keen live?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
jpb6891
Grunt

Where does Keen live?

Post by jpb6891 »

I have been doing some research on 8 year old Commander Keen and stun gun laws. Commander Keen used a stun gun on his parents in order to save the galaxy. Considering Keen's IQ, Keen would not have owned a stun in Milwaukee, Wisconsin were his father Blaze works. I believe that the entire Blazkowicz family lives in Indiana and Blaze travels to Wisconsin to do his radio shows. It is a 5 hour drive, but he is rich so he probably uses a jet to make the trip faster. This and runaway laws have been making me wonder if Keen broke the law since August 2010. His parents obviously did not press charges against Keen stunning them so everything was fine.

If Keen did live in Wisconsin, Keen would have gone to Juvenile Hall for possessing a stun gun. Stun Guns are illegal in Wisconsin. They are legal in Indiana.

I doubt that Keen lives in Wisconsin since stun guns are illegal there. Where do you people think Keen lives?
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

what
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

I know many people who possess illegal weapons but have never gone to jail. The trick, of course, is not getting caught with them. As well, the Neural Stunner is unique to Commander Keen, and as such is probably not covered under normal laws anyways. As such, there is no reason to believe that Keen lives anywhere but Wisconsin.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
fantomx11
Vortininja

Post by fantomx11 »

Another thing to consider is that CK was 8 in 1991 (he's approximately 29 now), and that's about the time when he stunned his parents. A quick google search did not yield any results about whether stun guns were illegal in Wisconsin in the early 90's or not.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Moreover, I believe he has enough IQ to make his own one. He doesn't need to go anywhere to buy it.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

If Keen's gun were a stun gun, it would be very poor indeed. Remember too he upgraded his weapons, he had no ammo when he landed on Mars, instead getting it there, and he got Vorticon weapons in Eps 2 and 3 (Vorticon railgun I think it was called.) Besides, as noted, he builds a lot of his stuff. I'm sure he can't buy liqor at his age, but he got that everclear. And only NASA had rocket ships, but...

As a side note, I (and others) have a mod in the works that involves Keen's neighborhood, and I based it on a real location in Wisconsin.

On another note, I just had the most awesome idea for a new weapon Keen can have in a mod I'm making. The. Most. Awesome. Idea.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Levellass wrote:On another note, I just had the most awesome idea for a new weapon Keen can have in a mod I'm making. The. Most. Awesome. Idea.
Sounds interesting! What is it? Speak out.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Well it relates to making Keens shot more damaging at close range; you can have it change its type and appearance as it moves further away from him, and done right it could be made into a flame thrower.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

flame thrower
Haha I already made one of those, more of a blowtorch I suppose. But I am sure your version will be more cleverly constructed with more complex patches. I look forward to seeing it in action Levellass!
GolfHacker
Vortininja

Post by GolfHacker »

Levellass wrote:As a side note, I (and others) have a mod in the works that involves Keen's neighborhood, and I based it on a real location in Wisconsin.
Good call. I always assumed it was Wisconsin, I guess because of the Packers helmet.
Troy Hepfner, Indie game developer
My Game Company
Creator of Dirk Dashing and Rick Rocket
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

It's going to be wherever Tom Hall lived when he was eight; don't forget that's who Keen is sorta based off.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

No, it'll be where Tom wished he lied when he was eight.

Haha I already made one of those, more of a blowtorch I suppose. But I am sure your version will be more cleverly constructed with more complex patches. I look forward to seeing it in action Levellass!
If I recall it used the machinegun patch for Keen 1. I hope to do something more... epic.