keen 9

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
shelly
Meep

keen 9

Post by shelly »

Dear members,
Last week I tried to run a keen 9 from free download. But I'd need a keen5e.exe file for running this. My version of keen5e.exe from year 1991 has no compatibility. Only possibility to run keen 9 is to purchaise a full keen set (versions 1 - 5). My task is that I'd like to have only one but full version of keen 9 which works without purchaising the other versions of keen.
Is anywhere a possibility to buy or get this full version?
Thank you for your answer.
Shelly
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

np
Last edited by Roobar on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
shelly
Meep

keen 9

Post by shelly »

Better than I've hoped. Thank you for your help.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I have no idea what just happened in this topic, but it seems to have satisfied.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Levellass wrote:I have no idea what just happened in this topic, but it seems to have satisfied.
shelly needed the right version of Keen to play the mod - had one version, but it wasn't the right one.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

wiivn posted a link to a pirated version of Keen 5 and then covered it up before anyone but shelly noticed. Problem solved.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Flaose wrote:wiivn posted a link to a pirated version of Keen 5 and then covered it up before anyone but shelly noticed. Problem solved.
Ah, didn't notice the link had been deleted. Raises a question: It isn't piracy if it's just a later version of the game you already own, right? The Keen updates were free anyway IIRC.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Not really. That's why we've stickied the Keen Upgrades/Downgrades thread at viewtopic.php?t=21 but people forget about that for some reason. Oh well.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Ah, didn't notice the link had been deleted. Raises a question: It isn't piracy if it's just a later version of the game you already own, right? The Keen updates were free anyway IIRC.
Uh... yes it is. Same as you can't defend ripping a movie by going 'But I already have it on DVD!' The logic applied is the same as if you stole a car to have a second one, you should have bought the second copy no matter how closely related. Not everyone likes this, but that's current US law.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.