Do you still play keen?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.

Do you still play keen?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 52

KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

To me it's just the opposite. :D
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

KeenRush wrote:To me it's just the opposite. :D
You are ALL WRONG...!!! Keen Dreams has a better story and the best gameplay. *Garg* that stupid pogo stick! :barf :p :barf :p :barf :p
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

r u being serious? :confused
Time's Wasting And Evil Doesn't Thwart Itself
matonen
Vortininja

Post by matonen »

I doubt that.
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

yeah, much as i like keen dreams, i wouldn't all it the best one
i think keen 6 is the best
Time's Wasting And Evil Doesn't Thwart Itself
Arjak
Vortininja

Post by Arjak »

Yes! I actually just bought the CD compilation from 3D Realms! I loved the series when I first discovered it, and I still love it now.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

jonnyspeight wrote:r u being serious? :confused
I'm dead serious! Victory's mine...!!! :mortlol
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

I do. Rarely. Usually I'm playing mods, working on mods, or reading forums. :P

Oh, this seems to be Rorie's one and only Keen-related post/thread. :christmas
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Keen progress

Post by Syllypryde »

I still play Keen. I have not played in about a week, but I have many games in progress:

Keens 1-3 and Keen Dreams: Completed dozens of times, but have not played any of them in months.

Keen 4: Last played 2 weeks ago. Right now I am playing on normal with 13 levels complete. Cave of the Descendants, Pyramid of Shadows, Pyramid of the Forbidden, and Well of Wishes are left to be completed. However, I am seriously stuck on Pyramid of the Forbidden

Keen 5: Last played 1 week ago. Right now I am playing on hard with 4 levels complete, Ion Ventilation System, Security Center, Defense Tunnel Burrh, and Defense Tunnel Sorra. I've been stuck on Regulation Control Center and Neutrino Burst Injector.

Keen 6: Last played a month ago. Right now playing on normal with 6 levels complete, Bloogwaters Crossing, Guard Post One, First Dome of Darkness, Bloogton Manufacturing, Inc., Bloogton Tower, and Bloogfoods, Inc.. I kind of lost interest in the game to play mods.

The Keys of Krodacia: Last played 1 week ago. Right now I am playing on hard with 7 levels complete, Blue Forest, Forest Tunnels, Private Manor, Mansion, Complex, Mushroom Forest, and The Underground. I am hell-bent and determined to beat this game on hard, especially before Dead in the Desert is released.

A New Dope: Last played 1 week ago. I have 9 levels complete and my score 116,300 with a 268 IQ. I am seriously stuck on the 7 remaining levels.

Death to the Vorticons: Last played 3 months ago. 9 levels are complete. I kind of lost interest in this mod to play the sequels to this mod.

Death to the Vorticons 2: Last played 2 months ago. Nothing has been completed. I basically just skimmed through the game to see what it was like. I stopped playing this mod to continue The Keys of Krodacia.

Death to the Vorticons 3: Last played 1 week ago. I've played through all the levels extensively, especially finding ways to obtain all the free Keens as well as searching for all the secret passages. 5 levels are complete but there are secret areas I know exist but for the life of me cannot find the ways to reach them. Plus I was unable to find the boss, despite playing and beating the boss level (I was cheating at the time!)

Episode Smile: Last played a week ago. I now have the first 3 levels complete, but I cannot get any farther than that! I played this mod for 8 days straight for 4-6 hours each day. This was as far as I could get. This is the last Keen game I played a week ago. I have not played any more Keen since then.

Episode X: I finally began playing XkyRauh's version of TUIT starting with this. I have 7 levels complete. I might have to start the game over because I have little to no ammo and I am finding it very difficult to complete any more levels with my lack of ammo. With the thought of starting over, I abandoned the game to play Death to the Vorticons 3.

Mr. Black's Keen 3 Levelpack: I haven't played this game since February. 13 levels are complete. I am stuck at the level that used to be Caves of Oblivion. Because I cannot get past this level, the secret level and the final level are not complete yet as well. I lost interest in this game to play Galaxy games and mods.

CK Guy's Keen 5.5: Last played 2 weeks ago. I have beaten all 9 levels, but had to cheat on 3 levels, Microsoft Tech Support (had to cheat in the area where you have to dodge dozens of Fire Helices by jumping from pole to pole), Not So Fast (There is a goplat error that crashes the game, so I don't flip the switch for that goplat and cheat only to obtain the keycard to the door) and Ghost Town (Once I reach the last blue gemholder I find it impossible to jump to the goplat without hitting the Fire Helices). I am eager to see the rest of the levels complete for this levelpack, but I swear CK Guy needs to lay off the damn Fire Helices!

Keen Asylum: Last played 1 week ago. Right now I am playing on normal with 11 levels complete. The 3 remaining levels are The House of Doors, Robo Pantry, and Keen Asylum. I am stuck on The House of Doors.

Onward: Silcar series: I have skimmed through all 4 games. It will probably be awhile before I seriously play them.

Return of the Guardians: The first 2 games of the Decree of the Skree are complete, and now I have 5 levels of this mod complete. With the exception of Crash on Gobo III and Planet Destruction, I have enjoyed Ceilick's mods. Right now he is my favorite modder. However, I would like to play all the mods, but somehow, I am skeptical as to if that will happen.

To Tom Hall, all the modders and levelpack designers a big thanks!

Patrick
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Spatula
Vortininja

Post by Spatula »

I really don't play Keen much. I've done everything that can be done in the games, and moved on.

Occasionally I go back to attempt a speedrun on 1+2.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Heh, I play the games for the atmosphere. You can go for a holiday to a nice place in real life, 'do everything there is to do there' and still come back once a year to enjoy its sights...