Do you still play keen?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.

Do you still play keen?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 52

Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Do you still play keen?

Post by Rorie »

Niborius inspired me to ask this question. good news now is that i can put this in a poll in the same topic. so vote away. as for me i haven't played it in a very long time. too busy with gta vice city. but i still have keen stored on my computer. the game's a classic it would be stupid to delete it
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Yes, in fact I played Commander Keen 4 just the other day. Do I play it OFTEN? No, but I still do occasionally.

Now if only I can remember where the Gnosticene ancients are...
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I certainly do, but not as much as before. :( I have much more things to do these days, obligatory ones but also new hobbies. And now I'm even more into desgining new stuff for the original Keen games more than playing them. But no doubt playing the mods and levels is fun too. :) Lately I've played the 'old' trilogy most.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Well, honestly, I don't play it very often, but from time to time I do.
Niborius
Grunt

Post by Niborius »

No, i don't. But i will soon. And then i will probably even make a mod :p
But Rorie, i can't remember that i asked you to ask this question. I'm sure your right, i just can't remember it :crazy
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Niborius wrote:But Rorie, i can't remember that i asked you to ask this question. I'm sure your right, i just can't remember it :crazy
He said you *inspired* him to make this poll. I think from this post:
Niborius wrote:well good you can still remember me :p , cause i dind't had that many posts. like 500 or somthing.
There's only one problem: i don't play keen anymore at all. :o
so why do i still want to take place in this forum? well... i must say i really loved this forum. i have seen some other forums, but those where really stupid for my opinion. :p
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

I feel sort of bad about playing earthbound instead of keen.. but not really, considering how many here are recommending it.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

I play alot of games other than Keen, and Keen was the first non-educational game I ever played :D
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

You guys are all lucky to have had parents that weren't religiously against windows-based systems in Keen's time. I had to put up with a bunch of cruddy educational games like MathBlaster and Busytown on my dad's mac when I was a kid. About the closest things to real games I had was Marathon, Prince of Persia, and Scarab of Ra. And then there's this bad knock-off of pacman called "bachman" or something. The first time I played Keen was last year, and yeah, I still play it :lol
Niborius
Grunt

Post by Niborius »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:The first time I played Keen was last year, and yeah, I still play it :lol
I already play it since i was like 4 years old :)
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

I don't play Keen anymore, but it is because of lack of time actually.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Last time was yesterday but I probably won't have time to play it much this summer, unless some cool mode will be released.
Aaaah, not the bees!
MortimerInBlack
Vortininja

Post by MortimerInBlack »

I had to put up with a bunch of cruddy educational games like MathBlaster and Busytown on my dad's mac when I was a kid.
Mathblaster, wow; that brings back memories. But i think it's a cool game.

It worked on OS/2, so i could still play it on my old pc. Nowadays i just use dosbox.[/code]
The Viking II lander actually did land on a 'rock' on Mars.
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/nmc/masterCa ... =1975-083C
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

yeah i used to play mathblaster :D
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
shikadi314
Grunt
Location: The Universe,Milky Way,Solar System, Earth,Europe,United Kingdom,England

Post by shikadi314 »

I haven't played Keen in a while :o but I should be playing it soon. :celtic
Been playing Keen for years.