indiegogo campaign to get Keen Dreams released legally!

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I'm innocent! Innocent, I tell you!

Actually, this is very interesting to me. I do in fact have, like so many others, a troublesome bank wherein is held hostage a disproportionate amount of money, every drop of it earned by my own blood, sweat and bone. They called me, bless their hearts, after I attempted to contribute one thousand dollars. Fraud protection, you see. Tossing around thousands as I have in these recent days is highly unusual conduct in the financial department, but tis the season.

In short, I did contribute the 1000, guilty as charged, but I have no idea why it was taken back, where it is, and who is responsible. I'm looking into it now. I suspected Ingiegogo might have vetoed my contrib, but it's probably my bank--which is strange, because I straightened everything out with them yesterday.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

That's strange, but in any case, it's great on your part, troublesomekeen! Yes, please look into it, this campaign needs to go forward! :)
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

Just emailed the campaign people and they replied saying that they got a message from indiegogo saying that the $1000 contribution is under review, and that they need to hear from the contributor directly before approving it. Whew, for a moment I got worried there. :)
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Thanks dopefishing. That last post of yours was quite helpful. It's in the works, and it's going pretty well. I responded, so just waiting for them to approve. I appreciate their cautiousness.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

Any time troublesomekeen, I'm only here to serve! :o Glad to know it was all indiegogo's extra security measures being engaged.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

You look like someone from the campaign people, rather than anything else. Anyway, I once pledged 1000 in a kickstarter campaign, and no one ever questioned that. Kickstarter >indiegogo imko ;)
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

well, I've been in talks with them several times, but I'm not directly involved with it. I just want to see this effort funded. :)
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Let us see how is it going in general.

As expected, it's been suspicious for many, especially while considering the fact that you joined around the day the campaign launched, dopefishing. Similar posts can be found on a few other forums.

What does make this seem a bit more reliable is the information about Keen Dreams given in the campaign itself in regards to the rights. Of course it's not a proof, so time will tell as usual.
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

The $1000 is back :birthday
Lunick is Here
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

Yay!
spikey
Vortininja

Post by spikey »

Where this would get interesting for me, would be if a sequel like 'Meats' could be made if the rights were bought (is that what we're doing?).
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

In a way, yes. This could make it possible to make an official sequel, yes, but that would require a budget too.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Really? Is the IP usage agreement with this really that open and flexible?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
spikey
Vortininja

Post by spikey »

dopefishing wrote:In a way, yes. This could make it possible to make an official sequel, yes, but that would require a budget too.
Thanks for replying.

I was asking, because in so many of these IP usage deals, the main purpose is not to rerelease some old game, but to license it to make a sequel and make money doing what you love.

And it shouldn't be hard to make a Meats (or whatever) project succeed on Kickstarter, but depends how it's run of course ;)

Either way, thanks for all the news, and the efforts you're making, dopefishing. :)
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

spikey wrote:
dopefishing wrote:In a way, yes. This could make it possible to make an official sequel, yes, but that would require a budget too.
Thanks for replying.

I was asking, because in so many of these IP usage deals, the main purpose is not to rerelease some old game, but to license it to make a sequel and make money doing what you love.

And it shouldn't be hard to make a Meats (or whatever) project succeed on Kickstarter, but depends how it's run of course ;)

Either way, thanks for all the news, and the efforts you're making, dopefishing. :)
Your welcome, glad I can help! :)