Apogee Software is back.

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

as far as i know the duke games are for the nintendo ds and the sony psp
(i used to be ME!)
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Sciz CT wrote:There's an interview about the trilogy out now, as well as a trailer of sorts. It's completely awful and I love it.
Wow. I daresay that's even worse than the Duke Nukem Forever trailer I got so hyped up about just to see him lifting weights for three minutes :dead
They certainly have a way of showing us nothing, dont they? Flashing the titles in our face a thousand times, showing us explosions, Duke in a static pose, and for some unresolved reason a bunch of people in gas masks. I like the remake of the Duke 3D music, though :dopekeen
"Now 3D Realms is a totally separate entity from Apogee Software. Apogee is a brand new company, we're using the old logos, the things that everybody remembers," said Nagy. "We want to bring back Duke and of course we have some other things in the works that old Apogee people are going to be really, really excited about."
I guess that answers my questions about Apogee and 3D realms. :dead2
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I'm pretty sure the trailer is meant to be funny and a joke, it's not really a real trailer for it. Or if it is they've lost their touch to what it comes to game marketing. :lol
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Yeah, best trailer ever!
najawa
Grunt

Oh garg... it's najawa

Post by najawa »

Actually, Google is working on an open source phone platform which would allow companies to write a single version of a game for any phone running the software. Previous to this, you had to make your game pretty simple, or remake it slightly per phone. With all this falling in place, its a perfect time to manufacture classics such as Duke for phones. Now we can only pray, not quite yet for TUIT, but that they get their hands on the rights to, and sell Keen 6. Think what would happen if they didnt get it... how can you market a number seven without a six? It would be to keen four and five what keen dreams is to keens 1 - 3... Then TUIT would start with keen 6... A new keen six... it'd kinda suck...
najawa
Grunt

Weird fucl ing language filter wont let me talk garg

Post by najawa »

Wow... that was my first post here ever... it feels like years since i last had anything to do with keen
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Welcome back najawa :)
Sciz CT
Council Janitor

Re: Oh garg... it's najawa

Post by Sciz CT »

najawa wrote:Think what would happen if they didnt get it... how can you market a number seven without a six? It would be to keen four and five what keen dreams is to keens 1 - 3... Then TUIT would start with keen 6... A new keen six... it'd kinda suck...
The most likely scenario is that any new game in the series would be called simply "Commander Keen" like the GBC title was, or have a subtitle.
najawa
Grunt

Hmm

Post by najawa »

Then it would suck... it would be a wimpy ass game whose only selling point is its name. Its like... all those jack off poweranger senarios.
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Re: Hmm

Post by jonnyspeight »

[quote="najawa"]Then it would suck... it would be a wimpy ass game whose only selling point is its name. Its like... all those jack off poweranger senarios.[/quote]

totally agree with ya