Shadow Knights, Catacombs 3D, Dangerous Dave...

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Djaser wrote:It's kind of sad to see people who have been around here for ages begging for illegal links. And it's even more sad that it's being tolerated.
Yes, and it's not tolerated. I removed the link from that one post the day it appeared there. Maybe I should delete this whole topic.
memsys wrote:besides technically the whole keen community is illegal
Nope, only the stuff we have created that uses Keen in some way. :dopekeen :o
vendor.doc from keen 1 wrote:[3] You must not [a] distribute any version of the Program
with unauthorized changes, such as additional or different
levels, or changed characters or mazes; or
characterize such versions as an "add-on" or
"extension" of any Apogee product; or [c] distribute any
unauthorized third party utility designed to alter any
Apogee game, game level, game episode or saved game.

I'm a bad boy. :mortlol
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

i think abandonware should be legalised here the company's that made the software just don't care anymore
(i used to be ME!)
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

We don't know what they think (if they thought otherwise they could release their stuff as freeware), and we can't change a law to apply differently just here... :)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

memsys wrote:
Djaser wrote:It's kind of sad to see people who have been around here for ages begging for illegal links. And it's even more sad that it's being tolerated.
pfft those games are so old the creator doesn't even care if you pirate them
besides technically the whole keen community is illegal
You asked them and the company for permission? Haunted mansion was released commercialy for mobile phones not lang ago. Again, are you sure iD doesn't mind pirating their software?
You’re opinion is irrelevant anyway; you bring the existence of this community in danger by asking for illegal software.

KeenRush wrote:
Yes, and it's not tolerated. I removed the link from that one post the day it appeared there. Maybe I should delete this whole topic.
No KR, you should have locked. Not now, but before this discussion started.
I thought we agreed on not deleting topics anymore (with exception of spam)
Aaaah, not the bees!
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

Djaser wrote:
memsys wrote:
pfft those games are so old the creator doesn't even care if you pirate them
besides technically the whole keen community is illegal
You asked them and the company for permission? Haunted mansion was released commercialy for mobile phones not long ago. Again, are you sure iD doesn't mind pirating their software?
You’re opinion is irrelevant anyway; you bring the existence of this community in danger by asking for illegal software.

i'm not the one asking for illegal downloads so don't you go "you are killing us"on me
and if those company's CARED then why are there soo fucling many abandonware sites out there
so if those company's leave the big abandonware sites alone then why the fucl can't we link to those sites
in my opinion if a company does nothing to prevent their old games from being copied then those games should become freeware

and if you wanna know i did send other keeners copy's from my original games and i'm FUCLING proud of it too

/rant
(i used to be ME!)
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

in my opinion if a company does nothing to prevent their old games from being copied then those games should become freeware
I disagree with this sentiment. Instead, I believe that if a company does nothing to sell their products in a convenient manner, then they cannot bitch and moan about people finding alternative means to acquire them.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

i'm not the one asking for illegal downloads so don't you go "you are killing us"on me
Stop being a hypocrite you expressed your joy when someone posted a link to a site with illegal software and you were very much willing to upload full versions of games for people. Besides, you're not such a big guy that it's all about you. It's about everyone posting and whining and begging for full versions of commercial games.
and if those company's CARED then why are there soo fucling many abandonware sites out there
So many? Than why do people come and ask for games if they are so easy to find?
And it's irrelevant whatever they're getting shut down right now or not. Because this makes us look damn bad in the eyes of company’s involved in Keen: 3DReals and iD softare, who buy the why still sell games actively on new platforms such as Steam, for mobile phones, the Xbox, and handhelds. We're better of with these guys on our side if we want them to do something with Keen again in the future.
Are you going to take care of business if a lawyer of one them or other game company's emails our server with the request to take us down because of illegal business around here?
and if you wanna know i did send other keeners copy's from my original games and i'm FUCLING proud of it too
/rant
Memsys, I don't care what you do BEHIND the screens. That you think I do makes you one dumb idiot.
Aaaah, not the bees!
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

Commander Spleen wrote:
I disagree with this sentiment. Instead, I believe that if a company does nothing to sell their products in a convenient manner, then they cannot bitch and moan about people finding alternative means to acquire them.
a bit of both if an illegal copy is easy to find and the company is not actively selling the game

Djaser wrote:
Stop being a hypocrite you expressed your joy when someone posted a link to a site with illegal software and you were very much willing to upload full versions of games for people. Besides, you're not such a big guy that it's all about you. It's about everyone posting and whining and begging for full versions of commercial games.
So many? Than why do people come and ask for games if they are so easy to find?
And it's irrelevant whatever they're getting shut down right now or not. Because this makes us look damn bad in the eyes of company’s involved in Keen: 3DReals and iD softare, who buy the why still sell games actively on new platforms such as Steam, for mobile phones, the Xbox, and handhelds. We're better of with these guys on our side if we want them to do something with Keen again in the future.
Are you going to take care of business if a lawyer of one them or other game company's emails our server with the request to take us down because of illegal business around here?
/rant
Memsys, I don't care what you do BEHIND the screens. That you think I do makes you one dumb idiot.
yes i was happy with a link to that site
but so was keenrush when ckguy linked to all versions of all keen games on his site

and you are flaming me for this !? who is the hypocrite
plus i NEVER asked for illegal games here

some games are really hard to find
and if we link fellow keeners to all the keen games that wont make us look bad more like loyal fans [to the game not id]
so what ? if they sell ports of the game that doesn't matter people will but the ports because for your average joe it's to hard to get the original games running[properly] and then they can only play it on their pc and not on their ps xbox wii ds psp
id killed keen [see doom2 for example] i'm 100% sure they wont make another keen game
i don't want pckf to become a warez forum but i DO want to help other get some of their lost games for that tingling nostalgic feeling from games they played then they ware younger
and since when is it illegal to post a link to a site with illegal contents it isn't hosted on the same server as pckf of km so on what grounds will theiy sue us ? it's a gray area
and i really don't give a fucl that people know that i send other people illegal copys of my games i wrote that to tell you that i help people that enjoy old games and i expected a cynical message about it

one of the biggest reasons [the other is nostalgia] i do this is that i don't want all those games to be lost [in the way you cant get them anywhere ]
(i used to be ME!)
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

but so was keenrush when ckguy linked to all versions of all keen games on his site
I didn't see that but what applies to you also applies to him. And he's (and other crewmembes) a little bit to quiet on the subject that concern the rules of this forum.
Bitch, moan....
The last part of your previous comment was clearly a troll in order to get me angry. That you're going nuts on my flame clearly proves my point that you're a hypocrite idiot. Thank you very much.
No but you're happy to help people IN PUBLIC to get these illegal games.
So we agree that there are not so many abandonware sites? Maybe that is because they are not tolerated at all.
and if we link fellow keeners to all the keen games that wont make us look bad more like loyal fans [to the game not id]
so what ? if they sell ports of the game that doesn't matter people will but the ports because for your average joe it's to hard to get the original games running[properly] and then they can only play it on their pc and not on their ps xbox wii ds psp
You're not making any sense here. You're saying the 'average Joe' is to stupid to put a cd/ cartridge in his console. Let me tell you, Joe should be shot for such criminal stupidity.
id killed keen [see doom2 for example] i'm 100% sure they wont make another keen game
They can release the source code, sell the rights, make the game freeware, etc.
Creating bad blood doesn't really help, now does it?
i don't want pckf to become a warez forum but i DO want to help other get some of their lost games for that tingling nostalgic feeling from games they played then they ware younger
You can do whatever you like but stop doing it in public!
and since when is it illegal to post a link to a site with illegal contents it isn't hosted on the same server as pckf of km so on what grounds will theiy sue us ? it's a gray area
I guess that depens on the laws of the country that hosts this site. And again, it doesn't matter at all. If some game company wants to get us down nobody here is prepared to resist them, we aren’t exactly Piratebay.
and i really don't give a fucl that people know that i send other people illegal copys of my games i wrote that to tell you that i help people that enjoy old games and i expected a cynical message about it
So than why whining that I call you an idiot? Makes you even a bigger idiot.
one of the biggest reasons [the other is nostalgia] i do this is that i don't want all those games to be lost [in the way you cant get them anywhere ]
That's nice. I'd say go create your own site with abandonware and stop causing damage to this community because you're.
Aaaah, not the bees!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

K1n9_Duk3 wrote:I am not going to support any piracy around here, but I found the information needed to buy the Jill of the Jungle games (along with other Epic classics):
ARCADE AND ADVENTURE GAMES - 3.5 HD Disks Only
The Jill Trilogy: One of Epic's all time best sellers (Jill of the Jungle). $19.00
Link: http://www.epicclassics.com/order.html
$19.00? Thats a little too steep for my likes. And I have to order the CD? They didn't work out a convenient pay-and-download system like 3Drealmz did? And Jazz Jackrabbit is $25.00! The world has conspired against my desire to pay as little as possible to obtain really old games as quickly as possible. Hmm... but $5 off if I buy two together? Nah, still doesn't seem redeeming enough. And memsys, seriously, that... stuff... you do for people should be contained in PMs where the big corporations who can shut down this site can't see them (or maybe they CAN look at PMs? z0mg big brother is watching us! =0 ).
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:$19.00? Thats a little too steep for my likes.
I am not advertising for those games, but in some cases it can be worth spending some more money on vintage games.
A few years ago (I think it was in 2001, when the first Max Payne game was released), I found a copy of Rise of the Triad in a local media store. Which is quite interesting since the game was set on the index back in 1995 here in Germany, so that store wasn't even allowed to present that game in the shelves. It cost about 25$, but having the original game with the original box was worth it. And RotT really is a fun game. Thanks to Tom Hall. :drool
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

I didn't see that but what applies to you also applies to him. And he's (and other crewmembes) a little bit to quiet on the subject that concern the rules of this forum.
and who are you to tell the moderators what to do ?
Bitch, moan....
The last part of your previous comment was clearly a troll in order to get me angry. That you're going nuts on my flame clearly proves my point that you're a hypocrite idiot. Thank you very much.
YOU started this flame so don't tell me i'm a hypocrite when i flame back
and why exactly am i the idiot ? you started this flame and started throwing names at me

No but you're happy to help people IN PUBLIC to get these illegal games.
i only once posted a link to all keen games as a joke exept fot that time i NEVER linked to illegal software
So we agree that there are not so many abandonware sites? Maybe that is because they are not tolerated at all.
no there are a lot of abandonware sites but some games are near impossible to find like very little known games
You're not making any sense here. You're saying the 'average Joe' is to stupid to put a cd/ cartridge in his console. Let me tell you, Joe should be shot for such criminal stupidity.
no i'm saying that for the average joe it's to hard to get the ORIGINAL PC version game running [properly] on new computers thats one of the reasons they buy the port
They can release the source code, sell the rights, make the game freeware, etc.
Creating bad blood doesn't really help, now does it?
does waiting til pigs fly and hell freeses over help ?
You can do whatever you like but stop doing it in public!
i only once posted a link to all keen games as a joke exept fot that time i NEVER linked to illegal software on the board
I guess that depens on the laws of the country that hosts this site. And again, it doesn't matter at all. If some game company wants to get us down nobody here is prepared to resist them, we aren’t exactly Piratebay.
i was thinking out loud
So than why whining that I call you an idiot? Makes you even a bigger idiot.
i did expect a cynical flame i posted that as an answer to a potential cynical flame
That's nice. I'd say go create your own site with abandonware and stop causing damage to this community because you're.
what damage i never linked to illegal software and i was thinking out loud
if anyone is doing damage to this board it's you and your flames
(i used to be ME!)
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Viking wrote:$19.00? Thats a little too steep for my likes. And I have to order the CD? They didn't work out a convenient pay-and-download system like 3Drealmz did?
Indeed... it'd be nice to see either direct downloads for a lower price, or good quality boxed versions with manuals or some other value-add for the higher price.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Memsys your post makes very little sense to me so there's no need here for a serious reaction.
But no matter what. Posting illegalsoftware is still against the law and not allowed here.
Aaaah, not the bees!
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

Djaser wrote:Memsys your post makes very little sense to me so there's no need here for a serious reaction.
But no matter what. Posting illegalsoftware is still against the law and not allowed here.
i NEVER EVER POSTED ILLEGAL SOFTWARE ON THIS BOARD !!!!
(i used to be ME!)