How you imagined the secret pyramid level would look like before finding a way to it?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Hisymak
Vortininja

How you imagined the secret pyramid level would look like before finding a way to it?

Post by Hisymak »

Probably many of you took some time to discover a way how to get into the secret Hand pyramid in Keen4, and before seeing how it actually looks like inside, you had some thoughts and imaginations about it.
As for me, I don't remember I had any strong idea. I was just thinking that the level could be the second level where Treasure Eaters would appear, because they appear only in the Pyramid of the Gnosticene Ancients, and by chance Hand pyramid has the same visual appearance.
Another idea was (again connected a little to Pyramid of the Gnosticene Ancients) that it would be a big and rather empty pyramid with a huge tar pool on the bottom, and there would be just the unstable variants of the floating black platforms, and you would need to precisely jump on them all the way through the level.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Re: How you imagined the secret pyramid level would look like before finding a way to it?

Post by nanomekia »

Hisymak wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 0:41 ... there would be just the unstable variants of the floating black platforms, and you would need to precisely jump on them all the way through the level.
Hey now, don't give some of the modders ideas. :P
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."