Should Keen Mobile get included in the KeenWiki?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite

Re: Should Keen Mobile get included in the KeenWiki?

Post by Plasma Captain »

Having moderated/administrated two wikis, I would have added this. It has the official branding, so it doesn't really matter who made it; I have to remain objective to provide the most accurate information. I would not think that addressing the matter would glorify it in any way. Readers can see it for what it is and judge for themselves. But, that is just how I run my own affairs; everyone has different goals.

...With that being said, I would have added it through gritted teeth and a deep pain in my soul.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

I've rarely seen anyone have anything positive to say about Keen GBC and that's on there. It's an informational site. Whether anybody can be bothered to spend the time and effort to add it is another question, mind.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Does anyone in the community even have the mobile game?? An article could be made without owning it but more informative if someone did have game. (The limiting factor is availability, not cost).
Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite

Post by Plasma Captain »

One capable person could get the game, crack it open, share it if need be, and, presumably, trawl its content. My, what an endeavour, though.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Yeah, make a page about the new Keen!

Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

It looks like that the people who predicted that full coverage of the game won't be necessary were right. ;)

A suggestion: There is a page on Keen Chronicles, a compilation that was in the news in 2002. There isn't much to write about it, and currently, it's an orphaned page. What about a page called "Cancelled games", which would contain general information on both Chronicles and Mobile as well as a link to the TUIT article? A link to "Cancelled games" would be placed on the Main Page under "Other games" (which only includes "Cameo Appearances" at the moment). What do you think?
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

I actually like this idea, for what my two cents is worth!
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Yeah a cancelled games page seems like a reasonable idea, I feel like fan wikis often include stuff like that.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

I agree with the others on the cancelled games page idea. Also, good points on the subject, people! Any wiki, KeenWiki included, should be as neutral as possible. :)

For the Keen Mobile page, I'm thinking of modelling it after a fan-game page. Like, there could be a summary, some screenshots, detail on the gameplay, and such. A list of the cards, while it would be nice to have, might be incomplete considering the game's limited availability and I don't know if the few LP videos out there show enough of the game. For instance, the web site seems to have a redesigned Butler Robot card, which I have yet to see in any of those LP videos. Plus, it's in the alpha/beta stage, so it may not even have everything Zenimax was planning to put in.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!