Keen 6 Mystery Version

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
TerminILL
Skypest

Keen 6 Mystery Version

Post by TerminILL »

OK, so I recently "acquired" a copy of Keen 6. The thing is, I can't figure out what version it is. It says v1.0, but the 1.0 to 1.4 patch doesn't work - it's looking for KEEN6.EXE, but mine is KEEN6C.EXE. Renaming doesn't work, giving an unknown version error. It is most definitely the EGA version, so the C is a mystery. It is not a demo version, either.

This is all puzzling to no end, can anyone help me out?
Shonikado wrote:Looking back on what we've done and wanting to change it is the first step in becoming a weakling that cannot do anything.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

What is the size in bytes of the executable?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

This is the cracked version of Keen6 which is floating around on some warez sites. (The c is for cracked) You will notice that there is no creature question when you want to start a new game. If you want a patchable real version of Keen6 you should head over to bipship.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Aroenai
Vortininja

Post by Aroenai »

And if you get annoyed with the creature question on the unpatched game, you can use this: http://www.mediafire.com/?guz124znndd it works for both cga and ega versions of 1.0, 1.4, and 1.5.
Last edited by Aroenai on Sun Jan 17, 2010 20:34, edited 3 times in total.
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

No, I'm fine. There's a patch on K:M for that anyways.
Shonikado wrote:Looking back on what we've done and wanting to change it is the first step in becoming a weakling that cannot do anything.