Marooned on Mars: Remastered! Woot! <ABANDONED>

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Okay, even if the Illuminati are trying to get the world under one roof, is that such a bad thing? Do you think that they'll be oppressive? Even if you do, what could you do that would stop them if their influence is so widespread? If I knew the Illuminati were going to take over in a few years, I'd just go "okay" and keep keening.
And besides, whether they will is quite debatable. Of course some people will try to connect things which actually aren't connected and thus form a spiderweb with [insert powerful or shadowy group here] at its center. But if every video like that was right then you'd have to believe that the Freemasons, UN, Bildenburg group, etc. were all on the brink of success in their world domination schemes.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

kuliwil wrote:Oh, and on a symbology (not a word?) note, my first reply to this was number "666" for me - must be a sign! :P I jest, just please explain :disguised
Symbology was invented as a fictional field by Dan Brown so that he could get away with the story line he wrote. 666 is still under debate as to whether it was actually a mistranslation of 616. Numerology is bunkem designed to take advantage of the sort of idiots who go for palm readings and believe newspaper horoscopes. The Illuminati and the Masons are not the same thing, though are often confused by conspiracy theorests and fear-mongerers. The Illuminati themselves have more or less died out. The music industry is conspiring against you, but only to try and get you to pay them more money. 911 was a terrorist attack. Princess Diana died in a car accident, though the press are partly to blame for chasing her. Drinking special tea will not help you to lose weight any more than water. Alcohol doesn't dehydrate you - alcoholic drinks will still hydrate you, just not as well as, say, water. Watching too much TV will not give you square eyes. Carrots will not let you see in the dark although they will improve your eyesight somewhat. Watering down medicines makes them less powerful not more. Aromatheripy acts as a placebo to make you relaxed - it doesn't cure broken bones or anything like that. Bush didn't "just invade iraq for oil" - he likes wars. Librarians are not vampires. Big Brother is only watching you when the signs say he is - there are laws against filming people on CCTV without their knowledge and the government are unlikely to break such laws in a country as litigious as America. Obama is not the Devil Incarnate. The cake is a lie. Rainbows are natural, not induced by drugs in the water supply. You have lost the Game. Oranges are not the only fruit. The Prius is not a true electric car. Global Warming is happening and it is our fault. Obama is not a Muslim or a Communist. Scientology will fail since it is pitting itself against the internet. The 314 stuff is a joke and Keen is a fictional character.

Did I cover everything?
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

DHeadshot wrote:Symbology was invented as a fictional field by Dan Brown so that he could get away with the story line he wrote. 666 is still under debate as to whether it was actually a mistranslation of 616. Numerology is bunkem designed to take advantage of the sort of idiots who go for palm readings and believe newspaper horoscopes. The Illuminati and the Masons are not the same thing, though are often confused by conspiracy theorests and fear-mongerers. The Illuminati themselves have more or less died out. The music industry is conspiring against you, but only to try and get you to pay them more money. 911 was a terrorist attack. Princess Diana died in a car accident, though the press are partly to blame for chasing her. Drinking special tea will not help you to lose weight any more than water. Alcohol doesn't dehydrate you - alcoholic drinks will still hydrate you, just not as well as, say, water. Watching too much TV will not give you square eyes. Carrots will not let you see in the dark although they will improve your eyesight somewhat. Watering down medicines makes them less powerful not more. Aromatheripy acts as a placebo to make you relaxed - it doesn't cure broken bones or anything like that. Bush didn't "just invade iraq for oil" - he likes wars. Librarians are not vampires. Big Brother is only watching you when the signs say he is - there are laws against filming people on CCTV without their knowledge and the government are unlikely to break such laws in a country as litigious as America. Obama is not the Devil Incarnate. The cake is a lie. Rainbows are natural, not induced by drugs in the water supply. You have lost the Game. Oranges are not the only fruit. The Prius is not a true electric car. Global Warming is happening and it is our fault. Obama is not a Muslim or a Communist. Scientology will fail since it is pitting itself against the internet. The 314 stuff is a joke and Keen is a fictional character.

Did I cover everything?
I can't tell if this is sarcasm :crazy
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

It partially was, but I think you'd better give this stuff some more thought before you really commit to it.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

QU3TZ4LC04TL wrote:
DHeadshot wrote:Symbology was invented as a fictional field by Dan Brown so that he could get away with the story line he wrote. 666 is still under debate as to whether it was actually a mistranslation of 616. Numerology is bunkem designed to take advantage of the sort of idiots who go for palm readings and believe newspaper horoscopes. The Illuminati and the Masons are not the same thing, though are often confused by conspiracy theorests and fear-mongerers. The Illuminati themselves have more or less died out. The music industry is conspiring against you, but only to try and get you to pay them more money. 911 was a terrorist attack. Princess Diana died in a car accident, though the press are partly to blame for chasing her. Drinking special tea will not help you to lose weight any more than water. Alcohol doesn't dehydrate you - alcoholic drinks will still hydrate you, just not as well as, say, water. Watching too much TV will not give you square eyes. Carrots will not let you see in the dark although they will improve your eyesight somewhat. Watering down medicines makes them less powerful not more. Aromatheripy acts as a placebo to make you relaxed - it doesn't cure broken bones or anything like that. Bush didn't "just invade iraq for oil" - he likes wars. Librarians are not vampires. Big Brother is only watching you when the signs say he is - there are laws against filming people on CCTV without their knowledge and the government are unlikely to break such laws in a country as litigious as America. Obama is not the Devil Incarnate. The cake is a lie. Rainbows are natural, not induced by drugs in the water supply. You have lost the Game. Oranges are not the only fruit. The Prius is not a true electric car. Global Warming is happening and it is our fault. Obama is not a Muslim or a Communist. Scientology will fail since it is pitting itself against the internet. The 314 stuff is a joke and Keen is a fictional character.

Did I cover everything?
I can't tell if this is sarcasm :crazy
Everything I said was technically true and mostly debunking of stupid conspiracy theories in a very flippant way...

[edit]Oh and:
Last edited by DHeadshot on Sat Aug 28, 2010 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
Cereal Board!
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

Whether or not 666 is a mistranslation is irrelevant because it has become a standard symbol for the anti Christ and/or the devil in today's culture. The Illuminati and the Masons are not the same thing, Freemasonry is under the 'capstone' of the Illuminati. The Illuminati seemingly more or less died out however it is made up of the secret societies and fraternal orders and therefore is stronger than it ever was. The music industry exposes you to degradation by promoting sex, violence, drugs, immorality etc. Repetition is the key to conditioning. Just like a bad habit, a sick beat and subjective lyrics that stay in your head does effect you. 911 was most certainly a terrorist attack, but we must ask ourselves who are the terrorists? Bush is part of a bigger agenda and they all like wars. "There are laws against filming people on CCTV without their knowledge and the government are unlikely to break such laws in a country as litigious as America." <--Patriot Act. Obama may not be the devil incarnate but there are many strange things about him with Satanic undertones including campaign images. The cake.... is a lie.. The game is lost.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

So because 666 is a symbol for that stuff some people will use it for the snazz effect of referencing hell.
Evidence for Illuminati controlling Masons?
Evidence for Illuminati continuing under several banners?
Music industry promotes nice stuff just as much as bad stuff.
How can a beat be sick?
Terrorists were Muslim radicals in the case of 9/11.
Actual Satanic campaign messages, or some Christians who think Obama's the Antichrist saying so? And even if the Illuminati was behind Obama's election, why would they insert Satanic symbols into his campaign messages? It would be counterproductive if they wanted him to get elected, Americans don't like Satanism as a general rule.
Which is more likely: that the entire world has been duped and you've discovered the underlying truth, or that you have been duped and almost every single other person is actually right when they say the Illuminati isn't behind it all?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Um... Marooned on Mars! Yay!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Haha, DHeadshot, I know, I was just teasing :crazy

Just a question QU3TZ4LC04TL, once you have informed everyone in the world of this evil conspiracy, how are you going to stop it? If people are enslaved to it it's going to be a hard job.....

EDIT: Oh, and thank you for the PM :D It made for good reading, even if I don't really agree.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

I shall be the Earths Supreme Commander, and create the first Earth Defense Force, clearly. My banner will wave all throughout space as I conquer brave new worlds in my starship, Enterprise. Someday I will find the man who killed my father, only to find out, he was my father the whole time. I probably won't let that bother me though, my sister is one foxy lady.

This thread has gone off topic.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

QU3TZ4LC04TL wrote:I shall be the Earths Supreme Commander, and create the first Earth Defense Force, clearly. My banner will wave all throughout space as I conquer brave new worlds in my starship, Enterprise. Someday I will find the man who killed my father, only to find out, he was my father the whole time. I probably won't let that bother me though, my sister is one foxy lady.

This thread has gone off topic.
:lol :lol

Off topic? Given the project is dead, the thing that replaced it in your life seems apt discussion matter. 8)
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

I'm going to continue seeking and compiling what I consider valid evidence. Perhaps I shall post about it at a later date.

Happy Keening!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

That's a sad end of what could have been a good Keen remake
Having fun developing stuff...
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

QU3TZ4LC04TL wrote:I shall be the Earths Supreme Commander, and create the first Earth Defense Force, clearly. My banner will wave all throughout space as I conquer brave new worlds in my starship, Enterprise. Someday I will find the man who killed my father, only to find out, he was my father the whole time. I probably won't let that bother me though, my sister is one foxy lady.
So you're the bad guy are you?

Seriously, things are never as bad as you think: Obama's not as good as people expected, but he's better than Bush and in no way satanic, the music industry are jerks but not evil (well, apart from Simon Cowell anyway), the Masons have very little effect on society - they may well be some top-secret evil organisation trying to take over the world but they've failed, along with the Illuminati and Scientology. Finally, no-one can take over the world without taking over the Internet and anyone who tries will have to be exposed to it. No-one can survive being exposed to the internet in full.

Since the dawn of time, people have tried to take over the world. None have ever succeeded.
Cereal Board!
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

/
Last edited by thehackercat on Tue Jan 28, 2020 0:25, edited 1 time in total.