Marooned on Mars: Remastered! Woot! <ABANDONED>

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

Of course a community still obsessed with Commander Keen wouldn't believe sh!t if it hit them in the face.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

QU3TZ4LC04TL wrote:Of course a community still obsessed with Commander Keen wouldn't believe sh!t if it hit them in the face.
Hey! I'm obsessed with lots of things - most of them from the REAL world: Politics, cycling, subtle changes in society, friends, history, (women), heaps of stuff! Indoor hockey at school, heaps of stuff. One thing however that I am not obsessed with is conspiracy theories so you'll find me, and many here it seems, hard nuts to crack.

Abuse of other views =/= agreement. :foot
DHeadshot wrote:
QU3TZ4LC04TL wrote:I shall be the Earths Supreme Commander, and create the first Earth Defense Force, clearly. My banner will wave all throughout space as I conquer brave new worlds in my starship, Enterprise. Someday I will find the man who killed my father, only to find out, he was my father the whole time. I probably won't let that bother me though, my sister is one foxy lady.
So you're the bad guy are you?

Seriously, things are never as bad as you think: Obama's not as good as people expected, but he's better than Bush and in no way satanic, the music industry are jerks but not evil (well, apart from Simon Cowell anyway), the Masons have very little effect on society - they may well be some top-secret evil organisation trying to take over the world but they've failed, along with the Illuminati and Scientology. Finally, no-one can take over the world without taking over the Internet and anyone who tries will have to be exposed to it. No-one can survive being exposed to the internet in full.

Since the dawn of time, people have tried to take over the world. None have ever succeeded.
BRAVO!

Actually, you forgot to add another religion: Christianity, which can't even agree with itself. And why should it? Everyone believes something different, there are many strong leaders, different people will follow other people who follow others. As long as people have fun and are happy in the process I couldn't care less who has the mind-control ray.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

You're fu.cking retards. Close this thread, delete my account.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

kuliwil wrote:
QU3TZ4LC04TL wrote:Of course a community still obsessed with Commander Keen wouldn't believe sh!t if it hit them in the face.
Hey! I'm obsessed with lots of things - most of them from the REAL world: Politics, cycling, subtle changes in society, friends, history, (women), heaps of stuff! Indoor hockey at school, heaps of stuff. One thing however that I am not obsessed with is conspiracy theories so you'll find me, and many here it seems, hard nuts to crack.

Abuse of other views =/= agreement. :foot
DHeadshot wrote:
QU3TZ4LC04TL wrote:I shall be the Earths Supreme Commander, and create the first Earth Defense Force, clearly. My banner will wave all throughout space as I conquer brave new worlds in my starship, Enterprise. Someday I will find the man who killed my father, only to find out, he was my father the whole time. I probably won't let that bother me though, my sister is one foxy lady.
So you're the bad guy are you?

Seriously, things are never as bad as you think: Obama's not as good as people expected, but he's better than Bush and in no way satanic, the music industry are jerks but not evil (well, apart from Simon Cowell anyway), the Masons have very little effect on society - they may well be some top-secret evil organisation trying to take over the world but they've failed, along with the Illuminati and Scientology. Finally, no-one can take over the world without taking over the Internet and anyone who tries will have to be exposed to it. No-one can survive being exposed to the internet in full.

Since the dawn of time, people have tried to take over the world. None have ever succeeded.
BRAVO!

Actually, you forgot to add another religion: Christianity, which can't even agree with itself. And why should it? Everyone believes something different, there are many strong leaders, different people will follow other people who follow others. As long as people have fun and are happy in the process I couldn't care less who has the mind-control ray.
Too far...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

DHeadshot wrote:Too far...
Um.. it wasn't meant to be offensive. All I was saying was that as long as people are happy I don't mind, and acknowledging that it's an uphill battle to convince people who are happy with the system that the system is controlling them! WHILST pointing out that other people's point of view, although QU3TZ4LC04TL's is 100% valid, may be fought for as much as he fights for his!

I'm not trying to offend anyone, especially not QU3TZ4LC04TL who, up until the post before the one that I posted that you deemed "too far", seemed like a nice guy!

EDIT: Oh, if you meant the Bravo was too far - I was just agreeing with you :bloody

I just thought I'd say something cooler than "I agree" or the ultra-l33t "^this"
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

I'm not offended, just pissed.
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

Let me apologize for taking it too far and resulting to verbal abuse.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

QU3TZ4LC04TL wrote:Let me apologize for taking it too far and resulting to verbal abuse.
Accepted of course! (by me at least) :D

I can understand how that can be frustrating. I really do hope that you can uncover something that benefits everyone :)
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

What I find troublesome is the polarisation of the two views. One side's all like, "GUISE BIGFOOT IS JUST A MYTH TO KEEP YOU FROM THINKING ABOUT FLUORIDE" while the other side's like, "BIGFOOT WAHT? EVERYTHING"S COOLOLOLOL". Both scenarios are pretty cult-like reactions IMKO.

Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

Is there any need to keep posting in this thread since this project is being abandoned?
Lunick is Here
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Lunick wrote:Is there any need to keep posting in this thread since this project is being abandoned?
Now that we seem to have all the facts cleared up RE: why it's not happening, probably not.

QU3TZ4LC04TL's decision though - that's just my 2.225 cents.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Commander Spleen wrote:What I find troublesome is the polarisation of the two views. One side's all like, "GUISE BIGFOOT IS JUST A MYTH TO KEEP YOU FROM THINKING ABOUT FLUORIDE" while the other side's like, "BIGFOOT WAHT? EVERYTHING"S COOLOLOLOL". Both scenarios are pretty cult-like reactions IMKO.
I'm not saying that there aren't conspiracies - of course there are, governments will always keep secrets, businesses will always try to rip off customers - just that the Illuminati are powerless in the modern world even if they do still exist and that most conspiracy theories are over-exagerated.
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

Mystery Babylon Series - William Cooper
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0G2T1DW8

Good place to start.

I'm leaving the forums now. Thanks for the support I had while working on my project, and my apologies for closing it. Perhaps I will return if I feel I have something to offer. Good luck to all of you in your projects, Keen related or otherwise. Stay positive and never stop seeking knowledge.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

I wish you the best of luck in your project too mate! :)
QU3TZ4LC04TL wrote:never stop seeking knowledge.
Journalist ftw :D
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

I still don't see how it necessitates leaving the forums or abandoning all your projects.

:shrug