Marooned on Mars: Remastered! Woot! <ABANDONED>

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

Nospike wrote: You can also try Recuva. It's completely free.
I tried that once, it did work. You should give it a whirl.
Last edited by Mobiethian on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:51, edited 1 time in total.
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

Each recovery program suggested recovered something that the others could not. I have enough to go from to start up again! I've still been set back a lot, but not completely! Thanks for the help guys.

:drool

I'll try to rush back up to where I was. I'm curious to see how fast I can redo months of work now that there isn't class. It will probably be awhile before I post anything of interest again though. We shall see.

:spot
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Miracle accomplished!

(Too bad there's no Jebus Keen yet.)
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

QU3TZ4LC04TL wrote:I'll try to rush back up to where I was. I'm curious to see how fast I can redo months of work now that there isn't class. It will probably be awhile before I post anything of interest again though. We shall see.

:spot
Don't feel bad though. I had to start over with some project work of my own numerous times. But you know what? Each time I started over, it got better.

Keep up the good work! :)
CommanderKing
Grunt

Post by CommanderKing »

^Agreed.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

That's great to hear! Good luck with your project. :)
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Nospike wrote:
kuliwil wrote: There was something else too - I think it's called PCDoctor or something
Do you mean PC Inspector File Recovery? I tried to use this in the past, but I couldn't make it work.
You can also try Recuva. It's completely free.
Yeah! That's it!

And haha, yeah, I've had difficulties too. My school's IT Admin uses it and recommends it, but he's had decades of experience so he knows what to do :P
Spleen wrote:(Too bad there's no Jebus Keen yet.)
oh please don't. If you do make a Christopher Hitchens/Richard Dawkins one to make it fair :P haha, anyway, that wiz one is wicked :D

And yes, good work man! That looks epic what you've been doing! I'm glad that you've recovered a lot of the files! I can't wait :drool
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

Okay!!!! Final note after my re-format... Among the files I recovered, I recovered ONE file of pure necessity (it's like a Golden Ticket, but not quite as awesome). That file was a reference sheet for what I call the colored brick set. It's.. the various colored bricks and their floor textures! Those textures were set up in a way so that in GameMaker I was able to use them to build maps with perfection. Now that I have that .bmp I am using it to complete all my other 'reference sheets'!! Reference sheets are just tiles etc.. Nothing more exciting then graphics.. With my recent mishap, I've actually had more time toimprove on my textures! So pretty much I'm posting to say; garg has not hit the fan, it's getting organized to the original plan! Woooot! However, I decided not to rush the demo that was scheduled to be released already.. I'll release something playable when I feel it. Ya know? Anyway. Like I said... It will probably be awhile before I post anything of real interest or even significance. Like I've also hinted at before, I have renewed interest in this project! Sh!t is getting done! Don't forget that. This project is not dead. If this project ever officially 'dies' in my book, this forum would be the first to know.

All that being said... It seems I've also started to split my time between my own Keen fangame and some custom Doom II maps. I have a friend who is uber into Doom with a desire to create and release a custom, quality map set. I have agreed to help in his en devour. So my time now has been split three ways. Keen time, Doom time, and my time.

I just posted to essentially let people know that progress is continuing just slowed down a little bit... There's just something about custom Doom I can't place.. Hmm... Oh well. Don't fear though, if I'm absent awhile, progress is being made, I assure you!

p.s.
@ kuliwil
Yeah, that's why I feel ok with what was loss. With what I have in my head is better than what was there before lol.
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

QU3TZ4LC04TL wrote:However, I decided not to rush the demo that was scheduled to be released already.. I'll release something playable when I feel it. Ya know?
This right here is the best thing about the whole fiasco. Sure, I'd like to play this since it's looking really neato, but waiting on it to make sure it's high quality is even better than rushing it just to get it out on schedule.
QU3TZ4LC04TL wrote:garg has not hit the fan
Heh, I was like "who would honestly say that phrase like that and then I realized the filter caught you. :crazy
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Hey, I hope you get everything up and running again, QU3TZ. And I agree with Mink, if this helps you take more time to develop it, then I'd say something good happened out of a bad situation.
Commander Spleen wrote:(Too bad there's no Jebus Keen yet.)
Who's Jebus?
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

I agree! I will be taking a little more time to catch back up. But like what's been said, a good thing is coming out of this bad situation. Things have slowed down though. As I said before my game 'making' time has been split between my Keen project and a Doom II wad project my friend asked me to help him with. Any Doom fans out there? I'll try to post some new Keen pics in the coming weeks, after a camping trip with the 'ole fam. Hope all is well for you guys! Thanks for all the positivity!
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

Greetings PCKF users,
Since my last post, much has happened. Nothing in the area of Commander Keen however, nor much with the Doom project I have mentioned previously. Some things have changed for me personally, mainly speaking; my mindset. Perhaps I'm just becoming a paranoid sketch, yet I don't believe that to be the case. Some who read this will call me crazy, others will know.. I don't want to get into many details, the subject is one of those seemingly never ending rabbit holes. So, in a nutshell. I now feel I see, in the majority of industries (such as music, movies, media, radio, television, politics, so on and so forth) evidence for various 'agendas' connected to each other, with the ultimate goal of human control and a One World Order. I watched this: http://theindustryexposed.com/index.php ... 1&Itemid=2 and from there began my own independent research and found more than I really wanted to know. I would be happy to share my thoughts and ideas on this subject, however not in this thread. A PM should do fine (or new thread).

This is a serious topic which needs to be discussed.

You will never see unless you look, and the truth is best hidden in plain sight. Again, if anyone is interested, please let me know.

Anyway, with this new found realization that the Illuminati are there, and do have a plan that is visibly coming to fruition; I can no longer spend time on this project.

Don't know if anybody will use these but here is my favorite tileset I made. Feel free to do whatever you wish. Give credit, don't give credit; It's all good. :) I have more things I could upload, and will if it is requested.

kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Um, I hope this is an elaborate joke.... but seeing as you seem somewhat serious I wish you the best of luck in your new project! I motion that you be allowed your own thread for it! Given the junk I've started for threads I reckon you could get away with just going for it :P

I really wish you weren't stopping the project though, I was looking forward to it :cry
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

kuliwil wrote:Um, I hope this is an elaborate joke.... but seeing as you seem somewhat serious I wish you the best of luck in your new project! I motion that you be allowed your own thread for it! Given the junk I've started for threads I reckon you could get away with just going for it :P

I really wish you weren't stopping the project though, I was looking forward to it :cry
This is not an elaborate joke, unfortunately. I feel the time spent required to further sprite and code, is like precious sand in an hour glass. That's not to say it's a waste of time, just a waste of my time. I apologize for the cancellation. Believe me I enjoyed every minute of it. It's hard to explain I guess, but at some point in the past couple of months my mind expanded to see a little more of an overall picture.

There are no new projects, officially. I have ...things I wish to share in one way or another. The problem is, there is so much, and so many uninterested people. As for a new thread. I don't want to start one, but I would post in one. I don't know how interested in this type of subject matter the community here is. The underlining theory is, under the umbrella of the Illuminati are various other secret societies and fraternal orders with members in all fields of work and of notable influence. The majority (if not all) of these elites are Satanists and followers of evil. The goal is a one world order, with a one world religion (new age movement *cough). The mindset I have come into is disturbing to me. You follow the clues, the friendships, the bloodlines, the influences, the hands, the symbology etc.. Sorry I'm going on and on..
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

My net is too slow to load the vids, but I loaded the start of the first vid and I have seen metropolis, and to try and link that to the music industry? Eh.

Seeing as I can't load it, could you please explain what latest bad thing this is highlighting?

Oh, and on a symbology (not a word?) note, my first reply to this was number "666" for me - must be a sign! :P I jest, just please explain :disguised