Commander Keen 64

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

you could always turn it into Dangerous Dan
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Hi guys

I'd like to apologize for canceling the project like that, and making it so ambiguous and unexpected. I also want to say how much I deeply appreciate everyone's concern and desire for the project to come back.

I canceled for a number of reasons, though none of them involved id software. The biggest reason is I felt bad for not releasing the demo right away and just dragging on with the gameplay demo, and as such I felt that I probably lost respect from the community.

Not too long after I said I canceled the project I didn't feel right about it, like it was something I didn't truly want to do, especially after I saw everyone's response. So I am lifting the cancellation, the game will be on a hiatus but it's not going to canceled.

My apologies and thanks,
Lava89
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

You'd be hard-pressed to do something that would make you LOSE respect, among Keeners. We're a loyal, friendly bunch. :)
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

If anything, your relatively consistent work on this project, and willingness to listen to your audience's requests, is proving you a most respectable Keener/developer. Not that respect is the point here any more than simply creating something you yourself can enjoy, but as far as I can see you're not doing anything to make us dislike you.

Although it would be incredible to see this project evolve into something more complete, we're a patient mob and understand when delays occur. Good luck and hopefully you find the time to make it happen.
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

Commander Spleen wrote:we're a patient mob
true i think some of us have waited for tuit since 1992
(i used to be ME!)
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Commander Spleen wrote:If anything, your relatively consistent work on this project, and willingness to listen to your audience's requests, is proving you a most respectable Keener/developer.
Wow...I'm honored :)

(I would use the grin smiley but it would look awkward(
Commander Spleen wrote: Although it would be incredible to see this project evolve into something more complete, we're a patient mob and understand when delays occur. Good luck and hopefully you find the time to make it happen.
Thank you :)
JM2008
Vortininja

Post by JM2008 »

Hello, sorry for bumping the thread as its a few months old

I have downloaded Keen64 and it looks awesome!

It would be nice to see a 3-D game based on Commander Keen :)
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

it does look great. dont mean to sound pushy or anything, but it would be great with music and/or sound effects
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Thanks guys! jonnyspeight and JM2008...

jonnyspeight: It's ok man! I'm always open to suggestions. I have put in alot of sound effects and they will be in the official demo :)

As for music...I haven't decided what I'll do, I could always not have any music and be true to the original games, have music from Keen Dreams, 4, 5 or 6, I could have remixes of that music, or lastly I could have something completely new.
Apeiron
Vortininja

Post by Apeiron »

When I first heard about CK in 3D from my friend, I was excited and now I am much more! :) This project looks very good, although is just in the beginning. ;-)
When I and my comrades were younger, we wished to make an 3D Keen in engine like in the RPG "in sight of second person". But we couldn't (and cannot) programme :D:D:D.
I would be great, when more people will join to this project and make an official-looking-like game. I thought that you cannot break the copyright when the game stay freeware (as the other Keen fangames).

P.S. Don't beat me, but try to make better the AI of the creatures, I want to amuse in racking Yorps in 3D!! :crazy :dead2
P.S.S. To music: If I can advise, the remix or something new is maybe better, because you make an Episode 1 looking like game and it hadn't any music. In my opinion, the music from 4-6 is therefore unfit for this ;-)
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

[quote="Lava89"]Thanks guys! jonnyspeight and JM2008...

jonnyspeight: It's ok man! I'm always open to suggestions. I have put in alot of sound effects and they will be in the official demo :)

As for music...I haven't decided what I'll do, I could always not have any music and be true to the original games, have music from Keen Dreams, 4, 5 or 6, I could have remixes of that music, or lastly I could have something completely new.[/quote]

WHAT THE!!! There's music in Keen Dreams??? didn't know that one. it might be cool to have something completely new, and maybe one or two remixes of other keen music
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

jonnyspeight wrote:WHAT THE!!! There's music in Keen Dreams??? didn't know that one. it might be cool to have something completely new, and maybe one or two remixes of other keen music
there is no music in keen dreams yes it was made but they removed it because soft disk wanted it to fit on a 360 KB 5" floppy iirc
also the keen 4 music eat your veggies was made for originally keen dreams
(i used to be ME!)
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Ahh ok, thanks for the clarification! :)
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

yeah thanx, got worried for a second, thought id missed something entirely in my whole days of playing keen :begging
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

So, how is this project coming?
(Used to be LordofGlobox)