Commander Keen in "Botafloria Is Out Of Flowers"

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.

Do you want the new raygun to have recoil?

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 13

Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Thanks everyone!
@Ceilick: The tower is a part of the Snickian base. If it's possible, I would like to add an "entrance" text like in Galaxy (right at the start, there's a yorp message sprite behind Keen) explaining why is Keen at a part of the base etc. Keen's inability to get back inside is a part of the story. I was originally planning to put in the BwB, however I wanted to make the elevator (these white/gray blocks) and the BwB was too large. I find the tower kinda ugly too, so I've made some more metal block tiles and will redo the tower. And for the lower right corner of the level, there is a small bonus cave with points. You need the purple key in order to get inside. It's not easy however, since you can't kill the snickians on the mountain, so they fall down, and you then have to go down to the cave too, so you must avoid them. And yeah, I like that ladder thing too. Something similar has already appeared in Yorphius II, it inspired me. I think I'm going to edit the ladder slightly (broken planks etc.)
@CKeen: You're right. I must think more about scenery and less about platforms, it seems.
@Overflow: The aliens are named Snickians. I've been really surprised about their quite intelligent AI (jumping over gaps etc.) as it couldn't be seen in the test level. I know the sprite is terrible, I'm waiting for MMS' return since he agreed to make the sprites. It will be completely redone, no worries.
@Tulip: Thanks for the patch, I'm going to add it to my patch file right away.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

As it so happens I was using (But abandoned) the '1 Yorp message per level entry text' patch in a mod of mine. If that's what you wanted to do I can show you the patch.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Yeah, that's just what I had on mind!
GameBird
Vortininja

Post by GameBird »

You're sure you prefer the slow version of the overworld song? It takes quite a while for it to get started.
Right here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6YbNIvUFg
Soundtrack Composer for:
-- Botfloria is Out of Flowers! -- The Atroxian Realm --
-- Mystery of Isis II
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

That's no problem, I like the current songs, they fit perfectly. I've tried the faster world map song and I have to say, the slower one = pure win.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

I just got the last song from Overflow. There is no release date yet, but I think this will be finished pretty soon. If we all here are lucky, maybe it will be at the New Year midnight. :christmas
GameBird
Vortininja

Post by GameBird »

:(

What happened?
Right here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6YbNIvUFg
Soundtrack Composer for:
-- Botfloria is Out of Flowers! -- The Atroxian Realm --
-- Mystery of Isis II
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

BIGGEST BUMP IN PCKF HISTORY, HERE WE GO
You might have noticed that I've been snooping around keenmodding and PCKF lately. And I've also been working on Botafloria secretly. (Only Levellass knew this, and since none of you seem to know you can be assured she's trustworthy and keeps secrets :p )
I've done some more graphics and patching. Enemies and the story are almost completely done, all that remains is to make the sprites for two of them and then levels. Oh the levels.
I have tons of great ideas (now that we have lemm's great patches they can actually become reality!) and I hope I can finish this mod.
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

Whoa! Talk about rising from the ashes.

Looking forward to this.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

I've also revamped sounds by the way. I made an extremely cute, cartoony jump sound that fits the theme by accident. :lol
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Level 1 is completely done! Man, I must say it turned out great. I love it. Also updated the first post to track the current progress.
And please, everyone, post. It makes my heart jump around with joy. Just imagine, you're making a crappy mod and someone's actually interested! :O
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Welp, post a screenshot.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

The picture can be found here. SPOILER ALERT! Don't click the link if you don't want to see anything at all.
Oh and the two hazards just happened to be on this one screen, the actual level isn't riddled with them at all.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

It's gonna be exciting.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

looks good, very old-skool which of course is largely a good thing! nice looking weapon too.