The Second Biggest Sandwich I Ever Saw!

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.

What do you think of this idea so far? And after its been released, did you like it?

Good Mod/Good Idea
85%
This Lost episode should have stayed lost
4%
No opinion.
11%

Total votes: 47

GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

So, the new project is coming along fairly well... I feel so bad for leaving this project for now, but I do promise, it will be back as soon as the new mod is done and released. Also, know that SBSIES will make a surpise appearance in the new mod, so watch for it.

Also, as I said previously, the contest winners will still get their copies of the new mod and SBSIEs when it comes out, BOTH featured with their requests that they asket about.

I really am excited about FINALLY announcing the new mod in a couple months, and for releasing it in a few months also.

I'm not making promises about any release dates, just in case any unexpected delays come up.

Thanks for staying updated for this.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

"aibwb"? :confused
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

hm. I guess so.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

It's an anagram of Aw Bib!
That still doesn't make any sense >:
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Ah, not quite :)
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

The letters correspond to the numbers 1 9 2 23 2. An IP address? 192.232.0.1?
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

uh, no. No, but that would be a cool idea.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Or maybe it stands for Artificial Intelligence Bean With Bacon. So in SBS, does Keen's megarocket gain sentience?
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Deltamatic wrote:Or maybe it stands for Artificial Intelligence Bean With Bacon. So in SBS, does Keen's megarocket gain sentience?
It is the acronym for the game, and you are closer than the first try... :P
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Welsh pronounciation of Aibwb would be roughly the equivalent of the English "iBoob" - does that have anything to do with it?
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

No. It doesn't.
9montkor
Vortininja

Post by 9montkor »

Okay but the name you gave the post is like something in keen 6.
am am a fan of the game keen Da i am
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

yes, that's correct...
GARGapplesauce wrote: While making his runs through the galaxy as ultimate champion of the universe, Commander Keen passes the blue marble planet of Chungella IV. Suddenly, the BWB megarocket slows to a grinding stop and begins to move sideways... A Chungellan tractor beam has caught him!!!!

Purple dust flew everywhere, and Billy climbs out unharmed. A grubby chungellan with a greasy apron and meat-stained knife stares down at him. "We will take you to our elder king." it said without any expression. He dragged Keen by the arm into a large building with an empty pedestal in front.

In a large throne room, Keen looks at an odd king- the Lord of Chungella. It turns out thet the Chungellans are upset that their precious Stupendous Sandwich was devoured in one bite by a Purple monster, as opposed to being returned to them safely. They now had another problem- the Largest sandwich in the Universe, the Incomparable Sandwich of Chungella IV, had been blown into six pieces that had flown all over west Chungella... They figured that since Keen was the one who allowed the old one to be eaten, they would wait for him to show up and capture him...

He must now do their dirty (literally) work and fight off the savage, uncivilized Chungellans, and the mutated creatures that have lived in chungellan waste and swamps, to gather the pieces of the Incomparable Sandwich and return them to Lord Chungella to settle his "debt".
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Sorry to double post- but I just wanted to officially say that this is going back into work right now, not instead of, but alongside AIBWB. Seriously, I'm working on graphics for SBSIES right now, as I post this. This needs to be done, and better than before. So, it shall! Updates will come alongside this, but I just wanted to say that I won't let this go, it'll get done.

Thanks.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

NEW SCREENSHOT FOR THE REVISIONS

Post by GARGapplesauce »

I'm VERY sorry for triple posting, but it's important this time... I BRING A SCREENSHOT. These screenshots won't be that frequent, so as to not spoil things, but I felt the need to post this one (and the other few that I'm getting ready for the coming days) to show some evidence of progress. So, here it is. This is a screenshot of the world map in the area where you begin the game, next to the Chungellan Temple and the giant Toaster... I just realized how odd that sounded.

/tl;dr

So, this will probably change SLIGHTLY as the edges where the tiles connect are improved, but other than that... welcome to Chungella I suppose. I hope I did it justice :P

Feel free to comment, and thanks for checking in and staying with me on this.

(P.S.: Yeah, I realize keen's the size of the giant toaster, but... what're you gonna' do? ;) )