The Second Biggest Sandwich I Ever Saw!

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.

What do you think of this idea so far? And after its been released, did you like it?

Good Mod/Good Idea
85%
This Lost episode should have stayed lost
4%
No opinion.
11%

Total votes: 47

GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

The Second Biggest Sandwich I Ever Saw!

Post by GARGapplesauce »

My new 2011 mod is about sandwiches. :drool Yes, you read that right, sandwiches! The Mod is a Keen 4 Mod which takes place on Chungella IV. Keen is abducted through the use of a tractor beam and is comissioned against his will to gather parts of a sandwich from across the planet- "The BIGGEST sandwich he ever saw". I don't want to give too much else away, but I do need a few things-

MUSIC!!!
-IMFs of good Keenish music that you would like to be featured. If you donate music to the project I will recognize you in the credits somehow. The theme is sandwiches so its pretty much up to you... I need a few different kinds-
--World Map Theme. The planet is blue, and thats all the help I can offer at the moment... :p
--Shrine Levels
--Mountains/Canyon levels
--Underwater Levels
--Other levels
--Music for other things...

I'd like more than just a few tracks, but one thing is certain- they must be in the IMF format!!!

So, I could also use some creature ideas- I have a lot but if someone has a really creative Idea, just go ahead! Again, I ill recognize you.

-Other cool keenish stuff. Yes, a very broad category for anything cool you want to see featured!!!
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Hmm, I know it's a K4 mod, but you could always have opened tuna cans at the bottom of the water levels in the same way that K1 had the clam things? Touch them , and they are sharp, and etc. Kinda like spikes but underwater :P

EDIT: Oh, and is dopefish fillet on the menu? :P
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

:birthday Ha, yes maybe I'll do something with that- and I absolutely haven't thought about underwater so that will work! Anyone have a good idea for a dopefish replacement, or a sprite replacement?
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Oh, and by the way this mod is Lost Episode II, which means that its sequel will be Lost Episode III:Keen Meets the Meats! I hope to get working on this as soon as SBSIES is done. I only know 3 things for certain about it now- 1) It will be a keen4 mod so you will be able to shoot. 2)The King Boobus Tuber replacement will be Lord Liver II. 3) When you kill enemies they will become "cooked": (ex. A chicken enemy will turn into a thanksgiving chicken) :crazy
MOM4Evr
Vortininja

Post by MOM4Evr »

Howdy!
GARGapplesauce: Afraid I don't have much time to contribute much, but I could help with music, assuming you like it of course. ;)

I created this one a while ago: http://www.mom4evr.net16.net/searchmysterious1.imf
This one too:
http://www.mom4evr.net16.net/algeria.imf

It may not EXACTLY fit the theme for anyplace, but it's an idea.
Anyway, I have this cool program called Band In A Box (not free, and not cheap) that's really good for creating MIDIs, so if you want, I can find some free time to create a few more songs if you're interested.

Anyway, sounds like a good idea for a mod! Keep up the good work! (If you've started, anyway)
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

:begging @MOM4evr: That would be really awesome, thanks so much! I'll check out the two songs, thanks a billion!
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

GARGapplesauce's Avatar wrote:Image
Like the preview! But it's too wide to be your avatar - the avatar shouldn't be large enough to re-justify the margins of the forum.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Thats not a preview :disguised thats actually right from keen 6... :o I put it as my avatar because it is where I got the title of the mod... :p Still, thanks, and I'll resize it even more if I can :P
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

@ MOM4evr: These are great! I converted copies of them to MIDIs to listen to them, and they are awesome! "aldgeria" will probably be featured as the canyon theme, and "searchmysterious" will probably be the world map theme!! Thanks so much!!! :)
MOM4Evr
Vortininja

Post by MOM4Evr »

No problem.
I dunno much about modding; is it possible to add more songs than are in the original game, or do you just replace the ones that are already there? In any case, I'll try to make more if I have the time. Glad you like them!
I totally forgot to check: do they loop well? I guess you would have to put them in the game to see... If they don't, I'll see if I can fiddle with some Band In A Box settings to make them loop ok.
Last edited by MOM4Evr on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:39, edited 1 time in total.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Aparently, you can add more than the original, but I'll probably go for about the exact number... Well thanks again! By the way, this is my first mod too, so you're not alone :)
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

GARGapplesauce wrote:Thats not a preview :disguised thats actually right from keen 6... :o
I suddenly feel foolish. Guess who doesn't have Keen 6! :dopekeen :foot
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Sorry I really didn't think of that... :) I forget... I think I downlo... uh... :oops well I hope nobody turns me in... :| :crazy For the record, I had know idea that it wasn't a "leagal >:" copy when I got it. I figured it was shareware like the others because I followed a link from YouTube. I guess thats why you don't do that... Anyhow I just never deleted it. I hope Id doesn't come after me... :dead2 :dead :foot :stunned I use too many emoticons.
Last edited by GARGapplesauce on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:58, edited 1 time in total.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

:p Yeah... :) well anyway....