Mods and packs you've completed / currently playing

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Bump:

Mod progress
I just wanted to share an updated list of the mods I’ve played. Unlike the original list, this list will no longer include mods I just skimmed through. This new list will only consist of mods that are completed or mods where I have at least 3 levels solved. Mods listed as complete means all available levels were solved unless otherwise stated:

Vorticon Mods
A New Dope- 9 levels complete, 264IQ, cannot seem to get any farther than this, seems a little difficult for my tastes
Aliens Vs Keen- complete
Armageddon 2: Pluto Burns- Now that it has been completed by Tulip, it is now complete
Bad Dreams- complete
Clouds Unseen- Now complete on normal, haven’t played hard yet
Death to the Vorticons- complete
Death to the Vorticons 3: Fall of the Sudkoka- complete (why I skipped pt.2 I wish I knew!)
Decree of the Skree 1: Kidnapped Keen- complete
Decree of the Skree 2: Zapping the Zot- complete
Decree of the Skree 3: Return of the Guardians- 15 levels complete, game completed, there is a bug in one of the levels where there is no exit and no guardian to save so level was skipped
Extinction- 5 levels complete, seriously want to finish this mod
Fall Up- 8 levels complete, seriously want to finish this mod
The Fastest Gun in the Universe- 6 levels complete, seriously want to finish this mod
The Grand Intellect: Doomship Dilemma- complete (except the "switch" level, there was a bug where I would flip a switch and it would exit me to the worldmap, because of this I was unable to complete this level)
The Grand Intelligence: Cybernetic Dream- 3 levels complete, this mod is not bad, but probably will not play it much once I complete it
How Bleen Saved Kwanzaa- complete
Keen 0- complete but felt it does not have replay value, was not impressed
Keen Dash- 5 levels complete, I would like to come back and give this mod a serious play one day
Keen Rescue- complete
Keen Smile- 5 levels complete, too difficult for my tastes, I love the graphics and gameplay and I believe that is the reason I am so hell-bent on eventually completing this game
Keen T- 7 levels complete, probably will not replay once completed
Keen X- Now complete
Lego Keen- Now complete
Marta 1: Lunar Quest- 4 levels complete
Musical Keen- 3 levels complete
Onward: Silcar 1-4- 5 levels complete on part 1, 3 levels complete on the other three mods, I had fully intended on playing and completing all four mods here, but I got sidetracked by DITD and somehow never went back to play, I would like to finish this series one day
The Adventures of the Oracle Janitor- complete
The Adventures of the Oracle Janitor 2: Mystery of the Monastery- complete
The Adventures of the Oracle Janitor 3: Space Pirate Trouble-Now complete
The Perilous Pursuit- complete
Shadow Keen 3- complete
Shmaynoria- complete
Story Land- complete
Trapped Keen- 3 levels complete, a little difficult for my tastes, but I enjoy the mod and would like to come back to it
Ye Olde Pirate Modde- Now complete, but I was unable to find most of the Pirate lords, and was only able to find 1 or 2 extra lives. Obviously, I need to replay this
Yorphius II- 8 level completes, would like to finish this mod someday

Vorticon level packs
The Best Mod Ever Made- 3 levels complete
Lego Levels- Now complete
Mr. Black’s Keen 3 Level Pack- 13 levels complete

Galaxy mods
Adventures in the BWB Megarocket- complete on easy
Aliens Ate My Babysitter... Again- easy and normal complete, 2 levels complete on hard
Ballican IV- played but was not impressed
Birdman- complete
The Grand Intelligence IV: Intelligent Intellect- complete on all skill levels
Keen 1 Redone- complete
Keen 7: The Keys of Krodacia- complete on all difficulties (On hard I never completed Cliff Hanger and load/save was used in-level on Forest Skies)
Keen 8: Dead in the Desert- complete on all difficulties
Keen 9: Battle of the Brains- complete on all difficulites (load/save used on Defense Tower Surth and Altaire Station on hard and The Warpcore on normal and hard.)
Keen 9.5: The Eight Accumulators- complete on easy and normal, 12 levels complete on hard
Keen 10: Mirror Menace- complete on all skill levels
Keen 58: The Ruin of Roib- complete on easy, 5 levels complete on normal
Lava- Complete
Mink’s Puzzle Pack- complete on all skill levels
The Pyramid of the Allowed- played but was not impressed
Save the Quillship- 2 levels complete, interesting gameplay but will not return to it
Shadowkeen 4: Zoltan's Revenge- complete on easy, 11 levels complete on normal
The Terror from Outer Space- complete on easy, 16 levels complete on normal
Torgopolis- complete
Valentine Bash- complete on easy, 5 levels complete on normal

Galaxy level packs
Br1ck’s Keen 5 Level- complete (This is Keen Asylum Level 14- Robo Pantry)
BWBMegarocket Keen 5- complete, just hopping around on goplats, not impressed
Charging Moose's BWB level- complete
CK Guy's Keen 5 Levelpack- complete on easy, forced to cheat on Ghost Town because the 'tap' jump required at the last blue gemholder is almost impossible to execute)
Dead in the Desert Community Level Pack- complete on easy- 15 levels complete on normal (in-level saving on Impossible Palace)
Fire Station- has promise but is seriously incomplete
Funny- complete, has potential but way too easy, levels way too short
Gridlock’s DITD Level Pack- complete
Gridlock’s Keen 4 Level Pack- complete on easy, 2 levels complete on normal
Keen 15: The GalaxyMaking Laser- complete on all skill levels
Keen Asylum- complete on easy and normal, 3 levels complete on hard
Keen Mark- I cannot open the Keen 4 levels, even after I unlzexe, it keeps asking me if I remembered to unlzexe! The first Keen 5 level is cool but the other two are imcomplete and unsolvable
Mr. Black’s Keen 4 Level Pack- complete on easy, 3 levels complete on normal
New QED- complete
The Rapid Pack- complete on easy and normal
Twenty To- complete (Utility Room is incomplete and One Hundred Fuses is a useless level, I had to cheat in order to get to The Lost Room.
Last edited by Syllypryde on Tue Jan 14, 2014 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Well that's certainly thorough.

I think I've played everything through, at least on easy.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Levellass wrote:Well that's certainly thorough.

I think I've played everything through, at least on easy.
Do you mean everything on his list, or do you mean EVERY Keen mod? :O
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

The Fastest Gun in the West
:lol Where can I get this mod? 8)

By the way, it's great to see you're wanting to complete my mods, it's heartwarming. Keep on progressing. :)

Like Lass, I've played most. There are maybe a handful of mods (maybe even close to ten -- there's such a huge amount of mods around by now :eek) I haven't played because of their poor quality or just fiendish difficulty that seems done with the author playing with cheats on.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I like to see what mod others play, although it shows the sad truth that almost nobody likes to play through my mods. I think I plunged through all the Vorticons mods and levelpacks and completed most of them. Some of them aren't possible to complete if you don't mod them yourself, like Shadow Keen 1 Part 2. I have only played through a few galaxy mods, the gameplay usually just doesn't have the same appeal to me as vorticons. My favourite Galaxy mod was probably Mink's Puzzle Pack.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

I've played your mods, Tulip! My favourite was definitely Onward Silcar Episode 2. Although I found Episode 4 to be quite fun also - like a dental answer to Norp the Yorp 3, with better graphics :P I have a hard time enjoying Keen with the lights switched off though! If ever there was a forgotten mod series it's Norp, defintely was one of my favourites in the early days of mods.
KeenRush wrote:
Syllypryde wrote:The Fastest Gun in the West
That would make for a wacky Western-themed mod-of-a-mod :P
Last edited by Benvolio on Sun Jan 12, 2014 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

tulip wrote:I like to see what mod others play, although it shows the sad truth that almost nobody likes to play through my mods.
I understand how you feel. It's always sad to see which point in a game someone decided to throw in the towel, because often you suspect they're never going to return to said game, and they missed the best parts.
I mean, I guess not all Keeners are that into mods, and that's fine; but I'm sometimes surprised when I discover how many haven't even played the classics.
KeenRush wrote:Like Lass, I've played most. There are maybe a handful of mods (maybe even close to ten -- there's such a huge amount of mods around by now Eek!) I haven't played because of their poor quality or just fiendish difficulty that seems done with the author playing with cheats on.
I've played just about every mod listed on the KeenWiki, but like you, some of them just looked so awful I couldn't be bothered to taint my extensive mod archive with them.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Paramultart wrote:Do you mean everything on his list, or do you mean EVERY Keen mod? :O
EVERY Keen mod from LQ to HQ, Galaxy, Vorticons and Dreams. I've played Ally's mod to Harvey's mod, Silcar to Smile and I hope all the levelpacks too. I am always interested if there is something I *haven't* played. (Recently I found Benvolio had made some abandoned stuff I hadn't seen.)

tulip wrote:I like to see what mod others play, although it shows the sad truth that almost nobody likes to play through my mods.
Really? Silcar are some of my favorites just for the feel of them, I foray into them often. (By which I mean once or twice a year.)
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

KeenRush wrote:
The Fastest Gun in the West
:lol Where can I get this mod? 8)......
Ooops!!! I guess I will have to correct that! :p
tulip wrote:I like to see what mod others play, although it shows the sad truth that almost nobody likes to play through my mods......
I like your mods. There are just so many mods out there it is hard sometimes to pick and choose, especially when most of the time the ones I pick to play are ones I've already played dozens of times. Plus I am a galaxy keener. Since the majority of the time you cannot get a galaxy Keener to play any vorticon mod, the fact I've completed so many of them is saying something!
Paramultart wrote:
I understand how you feel. It's always sad to see which point in a game someone decided to throw in the towel, because often you suspect they're never going to return to said game, and they missed the best parts......
I did write that I completed Shmaynoria, Keen Rescue and How Bleen Saved Kwanzaa, or maybe it was ShmayWestia and How Bleen Saved the West. I get so confused sometimes.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Syllypryde wrote: I did write that I completed Shmaynoria, Keen Rescue and How Bleen Saved Kwanzaa, or maybe it was ShmayWestia and How Bleen Saved the West. I get so confused sometimes.
I'm sorry if that seemed like an attack against you, or that I had taken something personally; but I assure you I was being objective, not simply relating to my own mods.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I have to agree it is rather annoying to have done an awesome level or concept then nobody ever sees it because 'I keep dying in level x by the cliff, can't get past it,g ave up.'