(Dead in the Desert) Known bugs list?

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
predcon
Grunt

(Dead in the Desert) Known bugs list?

Post by predcon »

I know where the main thread for Keen8 is in the Release sub-forum, but it's 20+ pages long, and I'd rather not slog through it just to see if the one bug I've encountered has already been reported (The Lantern icon in my inventory screen on the overmap is re-darkened, as if I hadn't collected it, when I load a saved game in which I HAVE collected it, but I can still walk through the tunnel that requires the Lantern).

Is there a thread with a Known Bugs list on it?

I'm using the version that came in Keen8.2.zip.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Most of the bugs I know of are level\tile bugs.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Naween
Grunt

Post by Naween »

Sorry to thread hijack - but is my version of the secret area old and buggy?
No matter which exit i use out of the last hydro level, I dont get a secret area. I can just take the submarine to get the last part, then beat the game.

Am I stupid? It's ok if i am, just pm me how to get to the secret level?
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

The secret level is the cave you enter by using the submarine to land on the nearby beach. The submarine arrives next to the elevator at the surface, but only after you have beat the last hydro level.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Naween
Grunt

Post by Naween »

Grimson wrote:The secret level is the cave you enter by using the submarine to land on the nearby beach. The submarine arrives next to the elevator at the surface, but only after you have beat the last hydro level.
Are you saying the secret level is the devil's cavern? Or something else? I thought that was a regular level. :\
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Yes, the Devil's Cavern is the "secret" level :P
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Scilicet
Vortininja

Post by Scilicet »

I was in the Hydro Palace (if that's the first hydro level, the one with the spinning onion dome) on hard. I put the yellow gem in its holder and then walked the other way to the door past the three spikes. When I entered it, I exited the level, and part of the level was shown. It was handy, but I doubt it was supposed to happen. I downloaded the second version.