Atroxian Realm

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

Gridlock wrote:Well, my spring break is finally here. :) I'm going to begin replying to the messages and other stuff. While I still won't have crazy amounts of free time, I will definetly have time to direct things that need to get done. So if you're willing to lend a hand, that would be great.
I can lend a hand. Are you needing graphics/design help? That's all I am skilled at.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Yes. Graphic help is what I'm looking for. For anyone, tell me what you want to work with and send me a piece of your work for me to evaluate your ability.

What I'm looking for... (tell me what you think you can help with)

1. Enemy sprites (already have a possible person here- Preston. I still would appreciate someone else's help.)

2. Backgrounds- besides the swamp background, there are still some other ones that I could use help with like a crystal cave background, forest background, ruins background etc. Even less complex backgrounds, especially for the ruins, would really help.

3. Larger pictures- like the title screen, scrolling story screen, and help section screens.

4. In level objects- like tech machinery, mayan style statues, crystal objects, etc

If you volunteer, I will provide specific instructions for you to work with.

Also need some guidance on how to approach the help section.

Music help would still be greatly appreciated-please volunteer.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Mobiethian wrote:
Gridlock wrote:Well, my spring break is finally here. :) I'm going to begin replying to the messages and other stuff. While I still won't have crazy amounts of free time, I will definetly have time to direct things that need to get done. So if you're willing to lend a hand, that would be great.
I can lend a hand. Are you needing graphics/design help? That's all I am skilled at.
Nice job. ;)
Yeah, piece of cake!
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

yeah, so i can do enemy concepts and alpha images, unless that's already been taken.

the miscallaneous objects may also be in my league, i'll see what i can do in flash.
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Sorry for a rather useless bump, but I probably won't be able to respond to messages and posts for a day or two after tonight for me.

Also
Speaking of canon, where would Atroxian Realm take place on the timeline? Is it a sequel, interquel, or is it self-contained?
My goal is to make this game take place after TUIT. Think of this as being an un-unofficial episode (with 1-6 being official, 7-9 by Ceilick being unofficial, and my episode being a possible continuation of the plot.) At the moment, this will be a single episode, but that doesn't mean I haven't thought of ways to turn it into a trilogy. If on the extrememly tiny chance that does happen, the name of the entire trilogy will be Atroxian Realm, and the name of this episode will be "Exile of the Krile."
Toothpick
Vortininja

Post by Toothpick »

So basically...

Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

What's Ceilick's hypothetical continuation?
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Toothpick
Vortininja

Post by Toothpick »

A continuation that only exists on a hypothetical level, as with Tom Hall's "The Universe is Toast" trilogy. In order to put Atroxian Realm on a parallel timeline, there has to be a corresponding one, hence Ceilick's Hypothetical Continuation.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Preston wrote:So basically...

You should know better than to open up that can of worms again:
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Toothpick
Vortininja

Post by Toothpick »

You could always make a separate topic for that.
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

Gridlock wrote:If on the extrememly tiny chance that does happen, the name of the entire trilogy will be Atroxian Realm, and the name of this episode will be "Exile of the Krile."
I like the sound of that!
Zero X. Diamond
Vortininja

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Not to split hairs here, especially since it's not the main focus of this topic, but "Zero X" (which wasn't even the game's real name--it never had one, but in development I referred to it as Glfurlto) doesn't belong on the timeline at all. The focus was to create a medieval fantasy world that existed outside the realm of Commander Keen entirely.
"I know what I am doing here with my collection of papers, for crying out loud. It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me, but to a collector it is worth a fortune; it is priceless." - Dutch Schultz
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

Most of these shouldn't even be on here, it's largely an exercise in ridiculosity.

As I have already said, cool looking mod bro.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:Not to split hairs here, especially since it's not the main focus of this topic, but "Zero X" (which wasn't even the game's real name--it never had one, but in development I referred to it as Glfurlto) doesn't belong on the timeline at all. The focus was to create a medieval fantasy world that existed outside the realm of Commander Keen entirely.
The timeline shows parallel realities.
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Toothpick
Vortininja

Post by Toothpick »

I said a separate topic!