Mystery Commander Keen Game In The Works

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

at least tell us the episode you're modding, so we can collect ideas, or to ridi-- er... help you further.

@ paramultart: call him captain keen.
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Pretty much what everybody else has said. It's common in gaming communities for somebody with no existing body of work to be overly ambitious and expect everybody to hop on board their new, as-yet-unstarted project, but understandably this rarely works out; after all, people want to know that whatever they're signing on to is going to be well-made and well-managed and, more importantly, want to feel like they're contributing rather than simply signing on to see somebody else's vision into effect.

It's not to say that we assume nobody will like your ideas or that you have no skills or ability to manage a project. It's just that people need evidence to the contrary to willingly sign on to something. :)

I recommend what others have: just find an idea that you really like, but that you think you can handle on your own time, and just go for it. If you really are into what you're making then it'll not only be a breeze, but also exciting to see everything fall into place.
Commander Keen
Vortininja

Post by Commander Keen »

Ya know, all the joke remarks you all made really made me think twice about if I should do this or not. I was wanting to make a new a fresh mod and was just asking for help on stuff I know I cant do because of the fact that I cant draw worth beans and I dont even know how to do music at all. Im not talented nor am I a master coder or anything. I never really did any modding. I have tinkered around with a few editors but I never did anything worth even mentioning. Besides, I wasnt going to even use either the Vorticons or the Galaxy games as my base. It was going to use another game. All the stupid jokes you all have put on me ever since I joined is really making me wonder why Im even being here still. Hasnt everyone noticed that I havent said much lately? Its because that everytime I do, someone has to make a joke about me. Its getting old now and Im quiet sick of it! >:
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Well then ignore the joke posts and pay attention to all the sensible helpful ones various people made.
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Although you may not see all the things happening here in a different perspective right now, I know how bad you feel about this. You've got pure intentions of doing something creative, you've put expectations, but almost nothing goes as planned and some people seems like acting dump garg. I give that because you probably don't know people here.

I can say not long ago I was experiencing something familiar as you. But with my project in the end, the forum gets it.

We are small community, so I suggest that, if you really want to do something, then just concentrate on it and start doing it. Phuns, jokes, insults etc. - you'll always get this kind of things in forums and you should be familiar with it...
MOM4Evr
Vortininja

Post by MOM4Evr »

I agree with wiivn here. Just try not to take too much too personally, and sit back and lurk and laugh at how idiotic everyone is acting every now and then. It helps. ;)

On topic, however, I would be glad to whip up some music if you want. I'm 85% tone deaf and just use a helpful press-button-for-song program to make it (with a lot of tweaks, of course!), but from what I have heard, (some of the) people here like it. Of course, I'd need to know what mood/theme you wish to convey with the music first, but that's what PM's are for.

Best of luck on this project. I will mention that a lot of the criticism here seems to be constructive criticism, so please don't get overly offended. :)
Commander Keen
Vortininja

Post by Commander Keen »

Great news! Levellass has joined my project. She will be doing the game sounds. :D
Commander Keen
Vortininja

Post by Commander Keen »

MOM4Evr might be joining us in charge of the music part of my mod. If he accepts, then all I need is someone who can do graphic work. Anyone willing to try a challenge?

EDIT: Changed she to he. Sorry about that MOM4Evr.
Last edited by Commander Keen on Sun Mar 20, 2011 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

um... so which part are you doing...?
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

The concept. Consider him the director of this work: while he doesn't operate the camera, write the script, or anything else really, it is still his vision being carried out.
Commander Keen
Vortininja

Post by Commander Keen »

TerminILL wrote:The concept. Consider him the director of this work: while he doesn't operate the camera, write the script, or anything else really, it is still his vision being carried out.
Actually, Im going to be making the levels, story, and anything else I may be able to do. If I cant do something by reasons such as I dont know how or I dont have the ability to, Ill ask for help with that. Thats why Im asking for help with graphics, sound, and music. Since, I got help now for 2 of those 3, I only need graphic help in order to begin my project.

EDIT: By the way, MOM4Evr has joined my team. He will be doing music. Just need graphics now.....