a new mod

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.

is it fine for a mod of keen 5?

Not really.
40%
Yes it is.
60%

Total votes: 10

Stealthy71088
Vortininja

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Ah leave him alone. He's either trolling, or he just has a lot of trouble with English and really wants to fit into the community. So give him space, don't pay attention to what he says, and wait for him to put up screenshots. If he's trolling, ignoring him will get rid of him. If he's legit, he'll get his chance to prove it.

His posts do read like they're coming from an english to english translator I've been experimenting with. If he is trolling, then I figure we have an 80% probability that its one of the keeners on the forum, who went and registered a fake account because he was bored.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Back on topic:

9montkor, "what" Keen episode are you modding? You never specified in your initial post.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
9montkor
Vortininja

Post by 9montkor »

Stealthy71088 wrote:Ah leave him alone. He's either trolling, or he just has a lot of trouble with English and really wants to fit into the community. So give him space, don't pay attention to what he says, and wait for him to put up screenshots. If he's trolling, ignoring him will get rid of him. If he's legit, he'll get his chance to prove it.

His posts do read like they're coming from an english to english translator I've been experimenting with. If he is trolling, then I figure we have an 80% probability that its one of the keeners on the forum, who went and registered a fake account because he was bored.
I know I am not that lucky with
English.
9montkor
Vortininja

Post by 9montkor »

Stealthy71088 wrote:Sounds pretty cool. Screenshots?

Also, is English by any chance your second language?
I will give you screenshots when I test it out and English is my second language.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

What's your first?
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
9montkor
Vortininja

Post by 9montkor »

DHeadshot wrote:What's your first?
Spanish.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

¿Y cómo se encuentra un hispanohablante en un país como Rumania? Pues, así es a veces, pero es muy único y ¡me gustaría escuchar la historia!
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
9montkor
Vortininja

Post by 9montkor »

Flaose wrote:¿Y cómo se encuentra un hispanohablante en un país como Rumania? Pues, así es a veces, pero es muy único y ¡me gustaría escuchar la historia!
La mayor parte de son amigos vivían en Rumanía así que nos mudamos aquí. Desde hace 6 años que vivimos aquí y que todavía no hablan el idioma si mi ortografía no es muy bueno lo siento. Todos mis amigos viven aquí, así que tomó la llanura de Rumanía. Ahora estamos en el piso 8 de un apartamento en la planta 10. Hasta ahora, en Rumanía que viven en cuatro lugares en este momento. A veces vamos a salir de este apartamento
9montkor
Vortininja

Post by 9montkor »

Flaose wrote:¿Y cómo se encuentra un hispanohablante en un país como Rumania? Pues, así es a veces, pero es muy único y ¡me gustaría escuchar la historia!
I still speak English but not that good.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Hmm, interesting. Were you born in Spain then? I find it kind of strange that you're not able to write in your first language, but I suppose strange things like that happen sometimes. Which language are you most comfortable speaking and writing in? As for knowing that you're in Romania, I'm an administrator of the forum, so I can see users' IP addresses.

edit: I see you've deleted your first post, so I guess some of the things I said won't make any sense to others.
Last edited by Flaose on Fri May 20, 2011 6:13, edited 2 times in total.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

9montkor wrote:
I still speak English but not that good.
I could only wish that English wasn't the dominant language in the USA. It takes learning something like Spanish to see how many messed up rules English has. Was joking with my wife the other day about how "Ward" is pronounced like "Word" is spelled, and "Word" is pronounced like how "Werd" is spelled. But in Spanish there's no guessing, as letters always make the same sound.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

guynietoren wrote:Was joking with my wife the other day about how "Ward" is pronounced like "Word" is spelled
Only with the messed up American mispronounciation!
Cereal Board!
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

The thing about English is that the grammar is really simple, especially compared with languages like Latin or Russian, but all the stupid is bound up in the fact that there are really inconsistent rules concerning spelling and pronunciation. English is I think the least phonetic language out there, and even languages like French or Portuguese that have weird or complex spelling rules are at least pretty consistent within themselves.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Italian has the best pronunciation.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

CKeen wrote:Italian has the best pronunciation.
Second best. To Welsh.
Cereal Board!