Commander Keen in TRAPPED IN TIME

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

I like Keeper's idea... :)
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

The thing with time traveling is that you can go back in time, but everything that will happen from that point will create entirely different universe. I mean it will be a different dimension that is parallel to this one, but completely different. Therefore changing the past won't have any effect on this dimension whatsoever, so time traveling is pointless. I thought Keen with it's IQ should have figure that out by himself.
Keeper
Vortininja

Post by Keeper »

wiivn wrote:The thing with time traveling is that you can go back in time, but everything that will happen from that point will create entirely different universe. I mean it will be a different dimension that is parallel to this one, but completely different. Therefore changing the past won't have any effect on this dimension whatsoever, so time traveling is pointless. I thought Keen with it's IQ should have figure that out by himself.
Come on, this is a game. Moreover, a sci-fi game. It doesn't have to be realistic at all :dopekeen
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

You can't visit other stars in an hour either. No reason to let the laws of physics get in the way of Keen storytelling.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Keeper wrote: Come on, this is a game. Moreover, a sci-fi game. It doesn't have to be realistic at all :dopekeen
It sounds more like speculation to me. See rest of post below.
wiivn wrote:The thing with time traveling is that you can go back in time, but everything that will happen from that point will create entirely different universe. I mean it will be a different dimension that is parallel to this one, but completely different. Therefore changing the past won't have any effect on this dimension whatsoever, so time traveling is pointless. I thought Keen with it's IQ should have figure that out by himself.
Is there proof of this?

I know there's the idea of quantum physics that anything that could happen does happen (as exampled by the Star Trek TNG episode "Parallels"). Thus, any diversion from the current timeline makes a distinct, parallel universe.

However...being that no one in recorded science has actually traveled through time, there's no way we can know for sure it would work that way.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I'm just saying. There's no proof of otherwise either, so everything is theory.
DeathByNeuralStunner
Grunt

Post by DeathByNeuralStunner »

I was never really going to make this but was just an idea for a Keen game just wanted to know your thoughts :sick

thanks for the creative ideas people :D :D
Ok who got Stunner goop all over the wall