Commander Keen 9.5 The Eight Accumulators...

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

You could always change that in the tileinfo. Just download CK456D.tli and use it to fix the defective tile property. Save as Keen4.tli, then put this patch into your patch file:

%tileinfo keen4.tli
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

This bug is very easy to fix with ck456d.tli. The slope tile has a blocking property on one side that needs to be removed--takes one click to fix.
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

I can't work it out... I've tried changing several different tiles properties in the slope but still it won't work. And I didn't find any blocking property you spoke of ceilick... :confused PS the slope is the one that goes from the top-left to the bottom-right that isn't really steep...
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Select the tile which I have selected in this picture, click the tab that I've drawn the red box around, then save. Make sure you have the keen4.tli file in your mod folder. Also make sure, like Gridlock mentioned, that you have

Code: Select all

%tileinfo keen4.tli
in your patch file.
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

I have used ck456tli before with a couple of different tiles of my own so I know that I have every set up right. But still no luck... I think I'll leave it for a while and when the game is almost done I'll ome back to it... Anyway thanks for all your helps guys...
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Update: did the title screen over the weekend for the game... turned out pretty well.
Check the first post, any constructive critisism welcome...
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

I dig it, just the eyes are a little strange to me. I have no idea why - they seem in proportion and everything.

Also, the arm might be a little too straight, but once again the proportions seem correct so yeah.

Overall: It's neat!
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Yeah, I get the same feeling from the eyes... I'll fix it up right away... Done... Seems a bit better now...
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Much better!
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
neek
Vortininja

Post by neek »

Cool title screen! My only gripe is that Keen's hand is creeping me out, but I don't why. :crazy
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Hmm... I'll fix up that hand...
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Looking neat, I like the way the sand is swept right into the 'ice' tiles.

The mushroom looks out of place, like it was just thrown in. I know it is supposed to be on the ramp, but yeah.

Keen's eyes are too big; kind of like a cartoon character that is awestruck. Is this what you were aiming for?

Some things I notice about Keen's hand and arm:
The hand is a bit tall and there isn't a discernible wrist. The arm is too uniform in width; widen it a bit as it gets toward the elbow. Keen's upper arm is strangely sized in comparison to the forearm. The arm comes out of the sleeve awkwardly.

Hope these observations help with improvement.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Regaring title screen pic: the arms are completely straight and the upper arm is really thick. The lower arm is also too short, and his arm sticks out of his shirt in an impossible angle. You should probably lower the shirt pipe's angle and width. The palms of his hands are also too big, and the grey lines in it make his hands/fingers look wrinkled; they should be a bit more subtle.

Keen's pupils are also too large.

That's about all the improvements I can think of right now for the title screen. Other than that, I really dig the font and dithering work!

As for the other screen shots... The big oracle thing doesn't seem quite straight... The level design looks classic and cool. I'm hoping by looking at that slope that the BWB level is an actual level! :)
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

I'm fixing up the title screen at the moment. I'll get a new pic up soon. I've done a whole nother bwb level that I'll upload soon. Thanks for the hints with the title screen...
,Tom
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Sorry about the double post but it's my first time using switch bridges in my mod and I was wondering where does the link from the sworn go to on the bridge it self,
Thanks Tom...