The Unofficial TUIT Revision Betas

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Eros wrote:just checking to see if the shikadiville and workshop shortcuts are resolved...

nope, the shikadiville one is unresolved, but the workshop one is now undoable in med/hard.

can we have a changelog?
Shikadiville? Do you mean Shivonia City? What area are you referring to? Are you referring to the secret area that is in the wall left of the first room at the beginning of the level containing the six mini-vlorgs and right of the first pole that leads underground?
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

er, yeah. shivonia city.

i mean the thing where you can impossible-pogo up to get the 2 5000-point items, then impossible-pogo up again to completely skip the first shikadi.

EDIT: how's it possible to get to the second yogurt in surth now?

one tile error right before keycard in surth
4 more gray pixels above second yetisburg cloud, same 4 in frosthool station, likely an entire tilezone bug
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

I don't really mind the shortcut in Shivonia City: it's not exactly easy or intuitive, and skipping that switch isn't a big deal.

Thanks for letting me know about those spots in Yetisburg and Frosthool station, I'll have those fixed soon.

I managed to get the second frozen yogurt at the start of Surth on my third try, so it's definitely possible.
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

well, i'm going by a cost-benefit thing.

1000 extra points doesn't really seem worth the whole "66% to fall to a clumsy, painful death thing."
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Eros wrote:well, i'm going by a cost-benefit thing.

1000 extra points doesn't really seem worth the whole "66% to fall to a clumsy, painful death thing."
I'd rather those odds than an easy game!
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Toothpick
Vortininja

Post by Toothpick »

This part is still excessively hard on normal difficulty.

Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Ceilick wrote:I don't really mind the shortcut in Shivonia City: it's not exactly easy or intuitive, and skipping that switch isn't a big deal.........
There are a lot of Keeners that haven't completely mastered the Impossible Pogo anyway, let alone using this trick in a small confined space and jumping almost straight up with it. Eros and I can obviously do it, but not all Keeners can. Most likely, many Keeners will fall and hit the Vlorg that passes underneath.
Pyry wrote:This part is still excessively hard on normal difficulty.
The best way to get past it is to avoid the goplat altogether and just jump between the guns. The goplat is too hard to dodge the guns, too many of them. Has anyone passed this room using the goplat?

EDIT:
Ceilick wrote:The one major thing that I wanted to have in the revision that isn't here is a brief dialog between Keen and Mortimer taking place in the Warpcore. Maybe we'll see that in the future.
I would really like to see this, too. To see the two of them converse before they fight. In my opinion, I think Mortimer was surprised or even shocked that Keen found him in the Warpcore. He probably believed Keen wasn't smart enough to find him there or more likely, Keen was dead. This would be cool to see in their conversation. Plus, I had suggested around the time BOTB was in the suggestions phase, I had suggested Keen and Mortimer were friends turned enemies. That would be cool to see in the dialog as well.

I am guessing that you already have made up your mind on what to put into the dialog and that the dialog is "brief" for a very good reason. Too much talking at the beginning could revisit some of the memory issues you had before, so brief is a good way to go.
Last edited by Syllypryde on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Wrong tile. The enemy got stuck there and Keen could not move from left to the right.

Nothing big, but still...

There are several places with these dots...

Wrong tile. Plus, these two on the mountain side doesn't fit well.
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

Syllypryde wrote:Has anyone passed this room using the goplat?
If you time it right and the guns happen to have activated at the right time, you don't even have to move.
The Keen Commander
Vortininja

Post by The Keen Commander »

Syllypryde wrote:Has anyone passed this room using the goplat?
I have, several times. It can be really tricky sometimes, but I actually think it's easier than the other method.
I'd like to get a Futurama mod going. Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=2152
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

oh, the service droid gets all fidgety when it enters that zone that wiivn pointed out.

would it be overkill to put radioactive spirals near the end of the warpcore to prevent people from just dropping below and avoiding all risks?
StupidBunny wrote:
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Updated the link to reflect the latest fixes:

-The gun turret room in Defense Tower surth features one less gun on medium (the gun is now activated on hard).
-The borders of the Frosthool world map have been tweaked to hopefully prevent clipping errors.
-the mountains have a slightly smoother transition, although since there aren't any actual transition tiles (or room for them) it's still a little off
-Masking fixed on the ice blocks
-grey dots removed from the sky in ice levels
-fixed the asteroid slope tile properties
-fixed the misplaced tiles in Defense Tower Surth and Vitacorp
-fixed masking on the arch in the HUB command center

Eros wrote:would it be overkill to put radioactive spirals near the end of the warpcore to prevent people from just dropping below and avoiding all risks?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Are you talking about after the Keen flips the bridge switch? If so, avoiding what risks?
Syllyrpyde wrote:In my opinion, I think Mortimer was surprised or even shocked that Keen found him in the Warpcore. He probably believed Keen wasn't smart enough to find him there or more likely, Keen was dead. This would be cool to see in their conversation.

The main goal is to reveal that Mortimer is extremely worried that Keen will find a way to hamper his plans--thus explaining his apparent negligence in being the actual force behind the destruction of the warpcores.
...I had suggested Keen and Mortimer were friends turned enemies
This is actually counterfactual to Keen 3 when, during the Mangling Machine dialog, it's stated that Mortimer has been a thorn in Keen's side for "as long as he could remember". Unless Keen somehow forgot they had been friends, not likely!
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Are you talking about after the Keen flips the bridge switch? If so, avoiding what risks?
during the part after the blue gem and 1up, you fall down to an area with several turrets and a few blue bridges so the up-turrets can fire.

however, people can just drop down and avoid the hassle, which is clearly unintended.
StupidBunny wrote:
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Ceilick wrote:.........This is actually counterfactual to Keen 3 when, during the Mangling Machine dialog, it's stated that Mortimer has been a thorn in Keen's side for "as long as he could remember". Unless Keen somehow forgot they had been friends, not likely!
Thank you for correcting me. I had completely forgot about that statement. It has been quite a while since I played Keen 3. Even then, I never had it memorized word for word what the two of them said to each other.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees