Keen projects in the works?

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
ckGeoff
Vortininja

Post by ckGeoff »

Hi Ceilick,

No problem letting the Yorp out of the bag!

It wasn't kept secret intentionally, more that at the time when I optimistically thought the game would get finished in a month or so, there was no need to give more information. I was hoping the addition of your levels would be a pleasant surprise to everyone!

Anyway, false hope given by others has majorly stalled the project now. I am trying to get it to a semi-complete state by at least making the incomplete levels playable, but my level design skills suck, so it's taking longer than anticipated.
T-Squared
Vortininja

Post by T-Squared »

Not a Keen game, But most of you know about it already:
Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure 2: HUMANIZED!!!

I need people who are willing to make music, make a few levels, edit tile attributes, and edit some code in the engine.

Don't worry, the digital sound idea has already been scrapped. All I need help to edit are the placement of the story tiles, the formatting of the text, and the changing of music for the ending.I'll be handling most of the graphics in the game, so that's not a problem. If you want to contribute graphics, though, you can if you like! :D

Oh yeah, and I would like some opinions on how you like the story so far.
(Unless you don't care or wanna be spoiled, don't do this. You'll have to ask me for a copy of the story through my e-mail.)
Last edited by T-Squared on Tue Dec 13, 2011 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmo II: HUMANIZED!!! Progress:
Graphics: 15% Complete
Story: 100% Complete
Music: 5% Complete
Programming Modifications: 5% Complete (FINALLY! SOME PROGRESS!)

http://www.tsqproductions.com
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

If you have a decent level editor, I want in on that.
I used to want to be a good music composer but I feel miserably inadequate now thanks to Mr. M and Paramultart
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
T-Squared
Vortininja

Post by T-Squared »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:If you have a decent level editor, I want in on that.
I used to want to be a good music composer but I feel miserably inadequate now thanks to Mr. M and Paramultart
There is one out there, but I don't know if it's available at the moment. I still have to change the tiles, though.

I wanna hear your music, nevertheless. :D
Cosmo II: HUMANIZED!!! Progress:
Graphics: 15% Complete
Story: 100% Complete
Music: 5% Complete
Programming Modifications: 5% Complete (FINALLY! SOME PROGRESS!)

http://www.tsqproductions.com
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:If you have a decent level editor, I want in on that.
You shouldn't let others make you feel inadequate. Make music for you, Bill. I hope you don't think any times I shared my music with you that I was being a pompous d*ck or anything. It's not a competition, and you shouldn't be so judgmental about people's work. This is Keen modding, do it for fun, not in an attempt to outdo anyone else. Otherwise you're just not in the spirit of the thing.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Woah! So many projects I didn't even realize! Awesome! Also, good idea Sbunny! Maybe we should update keen wiki with this info.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

wiivn wrote:Woah! So many projects I didn't even realize! Awesome!
I had much the same reaction...it's great to see so many people still have so many keen projects in progress. :) (Including the one released just a couple days ago...)
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

I thought there was a bit of a drought in keen projects at the moment, but obviously not :p .

If you read some of the About Me! help section in The Eight Accumulators you would probably know that I am just about to start a new keen 5 mod based around where Billy Blaze lives and goes to school.

I am also looking forward to this "2 player co-op netkeen" sound fun!
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Bubbatom, I await this suburban mod eagerly... no-one has yet truly done a full Earth-based mod in a comprehensive or detailed manner. I have in fact a modding contest idea related to that, but won't dream of suggesting it while so many people are so busy modding their own projects!
I have no projects on the go, but a few weeks ago i threw together some pallettes and tiles... you'd never know what could happen over the Christmas holidays!
Oh yeah, co-op netkeen could potentially be the best thing ever!
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Any chance we could create a section on the Keen Wiki for WIP mods/levelpacks? It seems like it would be helpful to have a more organized place to put pages for these, and I really want to create a page for Atroxian Realm sometime. Perhaps we should have some rule of thumb to prevent anyone from just making pages off of random ideas.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Benvolio wrote:Bubbatom, I await this suburban mod eagerly... no-one has yet truly done a full Earth-based mod in a comprehensive or detailed manner.
This project was handed over to Levellass and is still intended to be completed:
http://www.keenmodding.org/viewtopic.ph ... a190a49b31
Gridlock wrote:Any chance we could create a section on the Keen Wiki for WIP mods/levelpacks? It seems like it would be helpful to have a more organized place to put pages for these, and I really want to create a page for Atroxian Realm sometime. Perhaps we should have some rule of thumb to prevent anyone from just making pages off of random ideas.
But people are too lazy to write articles for COMPLETED mods! :crazy
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Oh, and let's not forget that the Keen Community Mod is still alive. It's presently dormant, but anyone is welcome to contribute--particularly level designs are required at the moment.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Gridlock wrote:Any chance we could create a section on the Keen Wiki for WIP mods/levelpacks? It seems like it would be helpful to have a more organized place to put pages for these, and I really want to create a page for Atroxian Realm sometime. Perhaps we should have some rule of thumb to prevent anyone from just making pages off of random ideas.
When we started doing that, Malvineous and Tulip objected and deleted them all...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Benvolio wrote:Bubbatom, I await this suburban mod eagerly... no-one has yet truly done a full Earth-based mod in a comprehensive or detailed manner.
Waht about Musical Keen?
I still don't like having those on keenwiki. The rule of thumb for being allowed to make a page for a mod/level pack is that is must have been released.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

ModDB is viable for WIP stuff.

I find it kind of cumbersome to use, so a simpler version for Keen-oriented projects would be nice, but it's the best option at the moment. Either way, getting more Keen projects on there would be a good idea, as they would tend to build off each other's traffic.