Commander Keen 3000: Friend or Foe?

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Commander Keen 3000: Friend or Foe?

Post by szemi »

hey. since Commander Keen 3000 was abandoned, i decide to pick it up and continue it with "Friend or Foe?" title. of course it's being made with Klik & Play(yeah, i know: good old game-maker software) if it's no problem. it'll take place in either the normal or the parallel universe, so this will be more exciting than Keen 2000.
so stay tuned. ;)
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Haha, a new knp game should be interesting. How many years has it been since the last one?
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Heh, I've made quite a few Click@Play games back in the old days...probably still have them somewhere. What a nostalgy...
Will it even run on newer comps?

It was the first Game Making software.

But today - why not to go for the modern "Game Maker" software?
Made quite a few games on that platform years ago.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

The game will include the 2 DLL files, so it will work ;)
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

KnP games are still touch and go on Vista/7 even with the DLLs...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Glad to see you're still around, Szemi!
I recommend you not use KnP.
If you still need me to make you that title screen, let me know. :)
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Sorry, i'll use KnP. Hey, titlescreen for what?
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

But I insist you don't use KnP. Titlescreen you asked me to... last ye.... erm... Never mind. :)
Hagel
Vortininja

Post by Hagel »

Greetings Szemi,

I as well propose, you shouldn't use click and play. Besides the fact it semt to be easy to create basic keen games easily most of them were cheap and not really fun to play.

If you'd like to I will help you to use my "journey to the centre of mars" engine to programm your Keen Fangame.

At the moment it provides a game engine that would allow you to create a Keen game in style of "invasion of the vorticons" with not too much effort. (Worldmap, Pogo, Raygun, Enemies resembling yorps, Vorticons, gargs, butlers, robots and ice cannons are yet implented, point system works, key cards and save states work as well as elevators and quite a lot of other stuff)

You can copy and paste most enemies or objects easily and alter their states to create variations of them. Plus the sound and Graphic support is better than klick and Play.

Furthermore due to the newest updates of the maker engine I could compile the Game in HTML5 which would allow anybody to play the game online.

Just drop me a personal message and I will send you the newest source code plus I will promise to help you getting into Game maker via skype or msn if you'd like to.
Hagel
Vortininja

Post by Hagel »

Btw KnP sucks
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

@Paralmultart I know what you say. And please make the titlescreen for me.

@Hagel It's ok since KNP is old software. I'll see, but send the source code of that game-maker engine or something. Anyway first release will be in KnP, then with that source code you mentioned.
Hagel
Vortininja

Post by Hagel »

@ Szemi it´s definetely not the same. Can you send me a pm with your email address?
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

szemi wrote:@Paralmultart I know what you say. And please make the titlescreen for me.

@Hagel It's ok since KNP is old software. I'll see, but send the source code of that game-maker engine or something. Anyway first release will be in KnP, then with that source code you mentioned.
I will gladly make the title screen if you make the game as you originally planned for Friend or Foe before you renamed it to that powerpuff girl thing.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Paramultart wrote:
szemi wrote:@Paralmultart I know what you say. And please make the titlescreen for me.

I will gladly make the title screen if you make the game as you originally planned for Friend or Foe before you renamed it to that powerpuff girl thing.
There'll be a problem I haven't mentioned: in KnP i cannot capture pictures due to an unknown problem, which i can't explain. That Powerpuff girl thing? How do you mean?
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Does print screen work?