Becky Blaze in... a run through the forest!

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

"You've got to eat your vegetables... Na-na-na-na-na! "

That song is the only place she is known.

Keenwiki:

"Indeed, she has been given the unofficial name of Becky Blaze"

http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/The_Blaze_Family
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

Becky it is! Let's run with it.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:It doesn't say anywhere in the official games that her name is Becky?
I wish there was, but I can't find anything. Not even official artwork.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Names: Serious business.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Levellass wrote:Names: Serious business.
I'll say! As part of my story writing I bought a baby name book to understand the meanings of names and use them for the characters. Even looked up names of famous characters, the Potter books have good examples of using names well.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

And what does the Harmaioni or whatever means?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

chrissifniotis wrote:
Levellass wrote:Names: Serious business.
I'll say! As part of my story writing I bought a baby name book to understand the meanings of names and use them for the characters. Even looked up names of famous characters, the Potter books have good examples of using names well.
Aaah Draco. There's a subtle name if ever I heard one. What's that? His last name is Malfoy? What's his middle name? Evilton?
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

I really do not like Becky Blaze. Only one reason why is because it is a biblical name. If Keen's name is not biblical I am thinking that his sister's also wouldn't be.

I like Betty and Tammy more than Becky. In fact I like Bobby and even Beckminster more than Becky.
Hmm... Bettminster?

Also, Kuliwil, this is by no means a democracy. Hence voting is banned!
Last edited by Scarlet on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:07, edited 1 time in total.
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

I'll look up Draco later today.
Hermione is the feminine name of Hermes. Both are Greek in origin and the basic meaning is 'messenger of the Gods', after the Greek messenger god. As the messenger Hermes was very intelligent; he learnt the schemes and dramas of both the gods and the heroes, relaying every exchange between the earth and Olympus, the heavens. Hermes, and by extension Hermione, generally means wise or intelligent, however Hermione is also extended to mean 'of the earth'.
Like most Anglo-Saxon names, Granger is very literal and occupational. As a first name Granger is a boy's name, that aside where Potter means 'he who makes pots or pottery' and Weasley means 'that of a weasel', Granger means 'farmer', more specifically the farm bailiff who oversees the collection of revenues from granaries and storehouses.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Scarlet wrote:I really do not like Becky Blaze. Only one reason why is because it is a biblical name. If Keen's name is not biblical I am thinking that his sister's also wouldn't be.
I don't think that many North American parents pay much attention to that kind of thing, to be honest. I know a lot of families that have children with a mix of biblical and non-biblical names, my own included.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Yeah, got to say that's some crazy troll logic http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... TrollLogic

However, I will not that someone in the bible is called Bunni. (Pronounced exactly as you think it is.)

Like most Anglo-Saxon names, Granger is very literal and occupational. As a first name Granger is a boy's name, that aside where Potter means 'he who makes pots or pottery' and Weasley means 'that of a weasel', Granger means 'farmer', more specifically the farm bailiff who oversees the collection of revenues from granaries and storehouses.
Right, so what about Nymphadora Tonks?
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Levellass wrote:Yeah, got to say that's some crazy troll logic http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... TrollLogic

However, I will not that someone in the bible is called Bunni. (Pronounced exactly as you think it is.)

Right, so what about Nymphadora Tonks?
:confused .........that just sounds like.............uh.....................I just can't tell you how stupid that sounds. :p

And Bunni Blaze, gets my vote; get the sprite to hop around would you're at it.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

chrissifniotis wrote:And Bunni Blaze, gets my vote; get the sprite to hop around would you're at it.
In actual fact two mods were made years ago concerning Billy's little sister Bunni and her various farmyard adventures... like Billy she assumed a pseudonymous surname for the task. :p
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

If you don't like it, why did you come up with it in the first place?
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

wiivn wrote:If you don't like it, why did you come up with it in the first place?
It was probably suggested and he ran with it. Then later decided he didn't like the name Becky and now wants suggestions on what to change it to...

I still think Becky is just fine, but if it must be changed, then I think Bunni (as someone suggested earlier) is a fine name. Or Bonnie even...