Martinez McMeyer 4: Intelligent Intellect

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.

How should Martinez's football helmet look like?

Dark grey helmet with green-white stripe + green MM (aka episode 1-3 style)
29%
Black helmet with green MM (aka episode 4-6 style)
71%

Total votes: 17

Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Levack, chill out man. Szemi ain't gonna have a problem doing all 3 mods at once. Keen 10 is gonna come out sometime. :)
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Levack wrote:Szemi wrote:
szemi wrote:This will be my second Keen mod(and nothing more!) I'll be working on along with Keen 10.
quote]
Too late to say it, Levack.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

On the balance of quality vs quantity, Szemi has always been able to deliver on quantity reliably.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Levellass wrote:On the balance of quality vs quantity, Szemi has always been able to deliver on quantity reliably.
Quantity + quality
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Well, the second part is somewhat debatable, but no one can doubt the effort you put in!
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Flaose wrote:Well, the second part is somewhat debatable, but no one can doubt the effort you put in!
How do you mean?
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

I mean that your mods often have a lot of bugs and could benefit from some more thorough playtesting, especially by someone who hasn't had a hand in the mod's creation.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Ok, now i'll be serious.

I started Martinez McMeyer 4 again, new story, new point items, etc. The enemies are almost done, 4 more must be done.
Musics are outtake musics from Keen 9, I use them with PERMISSION(from Mr.M, XkyRauh). Except one composed by GameBird for me.
In this episode Martinez will fight Mortimer in the Mangling Machine, because Keen and his friends have been kidnapped by Mortimer, so the story of this mod will affect Keen 9 a bit.
The game takes place on Mortimer's Space Station, which will be similar to the space station from Keen 9, but in blue instead of red.
1 more platform design to be done for the secret level. There'll be 2 secret levels in my plans.

P.S. If I finish this mod, I want somebody to test my mod. :)
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Sorry for double posting, but here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNoPPN0Yti0
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

-Mart lands ON the space station.

Music isn't bad at all. Enemies are inventive. Graphics need some additions. They don't need to be much at all, even simple squares and lines will do. For an example I suggest that you check out Harvey's Mod. He too had difficulty doing graphics and overcame this with a very geometric looking mod: http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Harvey%27s_Mod_2

Think of things like pipes, planets in the sky, windows, basic stuff like that to fill in the big empty spaces in your levels.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Levellass wrote:-Mart lands ON the space station.

Music isn't bad at all. Enemies are inventive. Graphics need some additions. They don't need to be much at all, even simple squares and lines will do. For an example I suggest that you check out Harvey's Mod. He too had difficulty doing graphics and overcame this with a very geometric looking mod: http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Harvey%27s_Mod_2

Think of things like pipes, planets in the sky, windows, basic stuff like that to fill in the big empty spaces in your levels.

It's a DEMO level, get it? So evident I'll add more things.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Indeed, but demos are always asking for improvements.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Levellass wrote:Indeed, but demos are always asking for improvements.
Yes, just don't make me mad, because I'm not in too shiny mood, I feel bad now. >.<
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

If those constructive, simple, politely stated and sometimes even complimentary comments there are enough to make you mad then it definitely seems like you had no interest in suggestions for improvements. Lass's comment was merely proposing some small improvements on what she clearly thought was otherwise a decent mod ("enemies are inventive" is a great compliment). It mystifies me how poorly you're able to digest even the most minor of constructive suggestions.

Anyway, I'll play this when I have time and a computer.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

StupidBunny wrote:If those constructive, simple, politely stated and sometimes even complimentary comments there are enough to make you mad then it definitely seems like you had no interest in suggestions for improvements. Lass's comment was merely proposing some small improvements on what she clearly thought was otherwise a decent mod ("enemies are inventive" is a great compliment). It mystifies me how poorly you're able to digest even the most minor of constructive suggestions.

Anyway, I'll play this when I have time and a computer.
Nope, you misunderstood it completely. I was mad because of deviantART issues!
I'm happy that Levellass posted suggestions, I already know what to correct, what to do.