Guardian of Wisdom

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Guardian of Wisdom

Post by troublesomekeen »

Ladies and Gentlemen! It is thundering and hailing, storming and raining outside! In times like these, I fear for my internet connection (and for lightning strikes setting trees on fire like last week). Ahem! Enough about the weather! It's time for the moment you've all been waiting for! The official announcement of...
Episode G: The Guardian of Wisdom!
Bravo! Encore! Even applause! (...I'm trying to buy time while my video renders, okay?) And so! If you are at all interested and/or would like to take a sneak peek at this, here's a video!
http://youtu.be/zgUAzsd__l0
(I forgot to record sound, so I stuck in a clip of my piano music)
I started work on this mod in February (2012) and have been trying my best to use every ounce of my strength to finish this. IT IS VERY HARD! But there's help everywhere! And I love keening! It's like the perfect project for me! Because I really like tweaking patches and finding out how they work, and I like editing tile properties, brainstorming ideas, reshaping pixels, and all the rest! A grand thanks to everyone who made keening possible! And already endless thanks to those who have helped me! But it's not over yet! So glad I stumbled upon this forum back in February. As you can see, this mod is inspired by Bubbatom's Eight Accumulators! I'm seriously aiming for this project to be a really good and fun mod. Feel free to post ideas, comments, thoughts, complaints, flying accusations, threats and snickers! So there you have it! It's actually on it's way. I know I've mentioned this mod in many a thread and posted screenshots in various places. But now it's official! And progress is back on schedule! Choo-choo! I may post updates from time to time! Thank you for your time!
Last edited by troublesomekeen on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:17, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Woah! Oh thank you bad weather, for helping troublesomekeen announce his project! Let there be more hailing, so he can stay inside and further progress with his project ;).

Looking great. The music in your video is terrible, but everything else what you're doing is excellent.

Here are few suggestions. As there is Wisdom, there should be libraries! Big libraries! And monkeys! Replace the bouncing ball with a jumping book with a chain. Add magic staff of wisdom or something. And magic in general all around. :crazy
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

I like it. Especially how you can jump on those houses.

It reminds me of kinds quest for some reason heh.
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

And this just as I was warming up my patching goggles.

Looking good, looking good. We will have to break your legs so you have nothing to do but mod.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

About 3 people looked at my mod topic as well. Maybe thy want all new art. :confused
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

This *has* has 346 views, there's a difference between 'looked at' and 'talk about'
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

Oh, you're right I just looked at my topic and realized its been viewed more then this one!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Hi guys. How you doing? Hello? Hello out there! Oh. I should get back to working on this project. I'm hoping I'll have plenty of time for modding this November.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Levellass why you didn't broke his legs? ;)
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

In related news today, my left foot was feeling rather broken. 2 weeks straight now I've been working 6 nights in a row. Sciatica runs in that family and I find myself battling that once or twice a month. So no leg-breaking needed. I'll do myself in eventually.
<.<
*thinking about starting another mod*
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

troublesomekeen wrote:*thinking about starting another mod*
Finish this one first!
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

wiivn wrote:Here are few suggestions. As there is Wisdom, there should be libraries! Big libraries! And monkeys! Replace the bouncing ball with a jumping book with a chain. Add magic staff of wisdom or something. And magic in general all around. :crazy
Libraries, huh? Good idea! Books have always been a part of the Keeniverse. I've never seen a Gnosticene read a book though.
Also. No monkeys! That bouncing ball stays a Bounder. The idea of this mod is to swap creatures, no replace them. And no magic! Please, no magic! Everything magical about the gnosticenes came out of a battery. Or eight batteries rather. Gnosticenes are always trying to appear more mysterious than they really are. They try to take credit for fantastic happenings, when really they're as helpless as a sleeping Slug. In reality, they're just pale old immortal men behind all those beards of grey.
But that's what makes them so funny. Thoughts? Comments on Gnosticenes behavior, habitat, etc.???

Also...I'm still thinking more mods. I have 5 or 6 of them stewing. Take a look!

Ta-da! It's our newest member of the Keen Family: Berkette! That's right!
The Adventures of Little Berkette in... "Too Hot to Handle!" ...No? "Put Me Out!" or... "Escape from Fire Isle!" perhaps "Eruption of Embers!"
Naturally I'll have a bunch of Berkidds and Berkelords. Argh! I'm getting off topic!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

troublesomekeen wrote:I've never seen a Gnosticene read a book though.
Probably read them all before.

And the Berkette is sweet! Is there some way to patch Keen so that one in, say, ten fireballs from the adult turns into a Berkette?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

troublesomekeen wrote:Ta-da! It's our newest member of the Keen Family: Berkette! That's right! The Adventures of Little Berkette in... "Too Hot to Handle!" ...No? "Put Me Out!" or... "Escape from Fire Isle!" perhaps "Eruption of Embers!"Naturally I'll have a bunch of Berkidds and Berkelords. Argh! I'm getting off topic!

The Adventures of Little Berkette in... "Get Out of the Kitchen!"

what do you mean, no way in hey deze?
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

And the Berkette is sweet! Is there some way to patch Keen so that one in, say, ten fireballs from the adult turns into a Berkette?
Reasonably easily. The problem is that eventually the level will fill with Berkettes.