Guardian of Wisdom

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Why on Gnosticus IV did Keen never invent a jetpack? (I mean, it'd make most levels a walk in the park, but if its use was restricted it could compliment the pogo nicely! Even as just a way to lower the fall rate.)
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

There are jetpack patches (And at least one mod) for Keen Vorticons.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

I do not have a picture of a library,Lindsey is just reading it in her room.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Hey hey! It's superbowl sunday! Do you know what that means? One year ago today, I joined the forums! :birthday
It's also approximately the time when I launched the Guardian of Wisdom mod project as a tribute to Keen, the community, uTUIT, Eight Accumulators and NetKeen! Yep, it's already been one year! January through April are good keening months for me, being in the dead of winter and start of spring. I'm afraid I've not made much progress since June, 2012. But! A lot of new projects have started! After I complete this one, I envision at least 5 more (and hopefully the King Tuber Rage mod).

Progress has started up again big time! I'll ride the wave for as long as I can and see how close I get to finishing this. When Bubbatom release his first previews for Suburb Shenanigans, I immediately made it my desktop image. Gazing at it for a number of days, I came up with an idea that will come to full statue in this upcoming project! Take a look:

I'm building a Wishing Well! As you can see, it's inspired by Bubbatom's tire swing. Basically the idea here is to have an underground cave level with the Wishing Well as its entrance leading down into a treacherous cavern with underground rushing rivers, new perils, the Maddest Mushrooms and...uh...pitch blackness!
Mostly all done now. Still working on the top/roof of it.

EDIT: Hi there! Guys! In case you're interested, here's something more to look at: http://youtu.be/408qsBepRZk
Just moved the Blue Bird replacement sprite set from modkeen over to keengraph, so that there video is a little demonstration. Currently the poor fella hasn't any arms or hands. He might end up that way. I like to think of his wings being his arms. Anyway... thought that'd be cool..yeah.. Chill!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I will just note it should be possible to have timed jetpacks in Keen 4, what with us now having the hit points patch n' all.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Levellass wrote:I will just note it should be possible to have timed jetpacks in Keen 4, what with us now having the hit points patch n' all.
Heeeeey that's great! Kinda gets me thinking we should chuck out dozens of mini-mod.

Troubles, troubles. Nothing but troubles. My Wormouth replacement has changed so many times that...well... I don't know how to finish that sentence. All I'm saying is it's changed a lot. It went from Landshark to Razor (the blue shark as seen on Whacky Wheels), to Track Bot Scanner, to Target (Krack Shot Kroc, as seen on Donkey Kong Country 3), and now a Floor Runner. It's a wee bit troublesome for me to make le wormmouth 30 pixels tall to cover two 16x16 tiles. And just when I get it spawning on the ground, it decides to ignore solid tiles and pass through them as it speeds along. My goodness. There are a lot of things that can go wrong. And every move I make seems to be ambushed with a new problem! Bleh.. I really want to start modding Fire Emblem. But that's still way over the old head. Kpeh! It's so frustrating! sitting down at my hammond organ, not being able to play Karn Evil 9, kan't keen konsistently, everywhere is itchy, can't get comfortable at 1 o'clock at night, lost the sheet music to Rhapsody in Blue, wanting to compose uncomposable music, cats crying all the time, nearsightedness, decaying touchpads on laptops, high-powered electric shocks from mattresses and blankets, things breaking/not working, slow internetz, Keen Day approaching ahead of schedule, Java, broken headphones, pillow too flat or too fat, cars beeping, stressed out people, blah blah blah blah blah. There's no time for inactivity! We have to move! Get on with it! Draw the dang tileset! Time is running out! We have here an opportunity to work on things we won't be able to in the future! Guardian of Wisdom has a lot of cool stuff with the Swimsuit, Giant Foot and Pole tiles. Gotta get going! So! Let's suit up and have fun with this! Shpow!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

You may want to tweak that Wormouth behavior so it's not so titchy.