Sign of the Vool

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

meh, he's pretty much sold out now, this is gonna suck anyway, his early works were better.

"..."
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

This could easily be Keen 10. Why not? It will be just a part of another trilogy with another story. Besides, Keen 9.5 is already taken.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

I agree with you, wiivn. This should be Keen 10, because since he said it's after Keen 9, then after 9 there's 10, so it cannot be 9.5 since 9.5 is taken.
And yes, that's what I wanted to say: Keen 9.5 is taken with the Eight Accumulator title.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Well it doesn't have to be Keen 10, after all it could be just one of several imaginings of what happens after the U-TUIT series, just as Ceilick et al's U-TUIT series was just one of several imaginings of what happened after Goodbye Galaxy!! Allow the Auteur to assign it a name, number or symbol!!

This looks like it's gonna require some great music. The amazing soundtrack of Keen9 leaves subsequent masterpieces a lot to live up to!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Right. Well it seems another one of my projects must take different turn. Why does everyone manage to do things before me? It's maddening!

Looking like a brilliant mod, there seem to be so many we can look forward to!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

This is some nice WIP! I don't know why everyone's so obsessed on giving it a number, just because it follows after Keen 9 doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be a sequel.

One thing I've noticed (though I realize that these are early mockups) is that the Neural Stunner and blue-coloured enemy seem to get lost in the background a bit.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Ngis of the Loov:

gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

What's that?

Can I try this on CG since Keen 4 are now supported?
Having fun developing stuff...
Pokota
Vortininja

Post by Pokota »

It's not out yet...
There was something here, but my yorp ate it.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

:lol that actually looks pretty good wiivn. I even spot a very, very old version of an Atroxian Realm enemy.

These screens are quite nice to look at, but I have to point out that this project isn't anything new. I don't want to sound like an ass by saying this, but I think Ceilick was just releasing these images to show that the project exists. As far as I know, he isn't actively working on it at the moment. So I don't think it makes a lot of sense to discuss what episode number this mod is when it's not even a guarantee.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

@Gridlock: I can't any screenshots with other Atroxian Realm enemies. As for the discussion, then let's talk about your game. Atroxian Realm should be Keen 10 then!
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

wiivn wrote:Atroxian Realm should be Keen 10 then!
Agree with this as well!
GolfHacker
Vortininja

Post by GolfHacker »

THAT is some BEAUTIFUL pixel art!! I'm speechless... and drooling...
Troy Hepfner, Indie game developer
My Game Company
Creator of Dirk Dashing and Rick Rocket
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

For those saying this should be Keen 10, I don't see why it HAS to be a numbered Keen game... Think about it like this; was Keen Dreams "Keen 7?"
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Yes, but some refer to it as Keen 7 and the others refer to it as Keen 3.5! You see, if this mod don't receive a number, people will be more confused as to where it is positioned in the series. And because the game is somewhere after the events of Keen 9, but it's not 10, and there is already Keen 9.5, people are gonna give it a number 9.2.5 or 9.7.5 to situate it somewhere anyway. The new ipad doesn't have a number, but everyone refer to it as ipad 3. So to avoid confusion, I would give it a solid number.