We are looking for NetKeen opponents

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
NetKeener
Meep

We are looking for NetKeen opponents

Post by NetKeener »

Hi there!

My roommate and I are looking for NetKeen opponents. It is well possible that we didn't succeed in the final Bachelor exams because of NetKeen... :p

While this certainly is nothing positive, it surely is a big compliment to the makers of NetKeen! ;) (It is sooo much fun to play!!) Therefore, we had the idea of playing against other hardcore Keeners and for every game we lose, we send 5 USD to Lemm and Ceilick.

I already asked several times on #netkeen @ Foonetic, but the channel is quite dead… It would be a honor to play against the makers themselves. :)

So what you think?

See you!

PS. We have some issues with lagging, though. We play with the default settings over WLAN. Sometimes, the lag is 1 second! What could we try?

Edit: I made a batch file to start NetKeen more comfortable: STARTNK.BAT. I already wanted to attach it previously...

No configuration to DOSBox is required! (Not even ipx=true.) Start inside DOSBox and it will show you how to use it.
Last edited by NetKeener on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:41, edited 1 time in total.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Follow my signature. That is the netkeen room, you will find opponents there hopefully. I look forward to playing you. Cheers!
Therefore, we had the idea of playing against other hardcore Keeners and for every game we lose, we send 5 USD to Lemm and Ceilick.
I don't think that netkeeners played for money. And then hey, what if someone is so much better than the other person? Say you lose ten games in a row to me. The money adds up real quick...
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Re: We are looking for NetKeen opponents

Post by Keening_Product »

Welcome, NetKeener!
NetKeener wrote:Edit: I made a batch file to start NetKeen more comfortable. I already wanted to attach it previously...
That's a neat piece of code. Seems some initial setup is required though? (Mounting drives and the like, though I might be wrong and haven't got the time to test it right now.) Maybe a quick instruction sheet would help DOSBox script noobs like me.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
NetKeener
Meep

Post by NetKeener »

@Scarlet:

I have been looking for somebody, but there are a very few active people in the channel…
Of course, there would be an upper limit. ;) We don't know how good we are compared to others, but we wanted to give a try. Since we really had so much fun, we thought about donating some money (if donations are welcome).

@Keening_Product:

You are right, the drive has to be mounted already. I edited the batch file to use the official folder structure: STARTNK.BAT

Just try the following to get it to work: Put STARTNK.BAT in folder and unzip NetKeen to the same folder. Then just open the batch file with DOSBox (for example drag-and-drop it).
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

http://yang-online.com/

Once you get this set up, it's a lot more convenient than having to use dosbox to arrange games.

Also stick around on IRC for more than a few minutes.
Last edited by lemm on Mon Oct 08, 2012 0:51, edited 1 time in total.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

NetKeener wrote:@Scarlet:

I have been looking for somebody, but there are a very few active people in the channel…
Of course, there would be an upper limit. ;) We don't know how good we are compared to others, but we wanted to give a try. Since we really had so much fun, we thought about donating some money (if donations are welcome).
Well we are a small community. That is the place to go.
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!